WarKingDovid

Which file is it?

I wanted to use these two mods.  Here, 

and here, 

But when you click download, it shows two files.  I'm trying to figure out the difference.  For Coruscant skybox, one file is the actual night sky scape, the other file is the loading screens I believe.  But no instructions on how to install the loading screens (drop in the Override folder, I assume?)  and I have idea if maybe they're already included in the other file.

For the Dustil restoration mod, it also has two files of different sizes, with no information on the difference between them.  Anyone know?     

As you can see if you try to download the Dustil restoration mod, it shows two files with the same name, one is 337.07 MB, while the other is 352.64 MB.  What's up with that?  Does anyone know?  Is one newer or something?

The realistic skybox has been updated to just have one file. The install instructions should be updated there too, just to copy all files to Override.

As for the Dustil Restoration, a PM to Fallen Guardian might be in order, but I'm guessing the bigger of the two files is the more up-to-date one. 

Good luck!

I'm guessing the bigger of the two files is the one you need. He mentioned in the changelog that he added more files to the update.

So it would be the one that says Dustil Restoration, the 352.64 MB one.

But like I said, just a guess. 

The larger file does seem to be more complete after looking at the contents, but that's all a moo point now.  It seems I've hit a brick wall and without the maker coming out of retirement, it doesn't seem like I'll be able to effectively install it. 

According to the readme, the Steam version (and yes, I'm using the steam version of Kotor 2) causes a few audio issues with this mod, these problems are remedied by the contents of an MP3 folder, that he made.  His instructions are to copy and paste all the MP3 files there, into the streamvoice folder that's in the directory, these instructions are clearly incomplete.  The streamvoice folder contains about 30 file folders with random numbers.......(facepalm).....I guess he forgot to explain more.  😞      

I'm going to guess that you didn't hear back from FG.  I noticed he also has two different installations for this mod, with no explanation as to what the difference is.  Hmmm...........:unsure:

45 minutes ago, WarKingDovid said:

I'm going to guess that you didn't hear back from FG.

Correct.  I guess you're going to have to experiment!