Sign in to follow this  
Kexikus

SKIN:High Quality Skyboxes II

High Quality Skyboxes II

Lnx50sb.png

If you update from version 1.0.x to 1.1 make sure to read the special instructions in the read-me!

In order to update to 1.1.1 from any previous version, delete all 306nara.wok, 306narb.wok and 306nard.wok from your Override folder. If you had version 1.1 installed there is no need for anything else, otherwise follow the instructions in the read-me.

ABOUT:

This mod replaces every skybox and every planetary backdrop in the game with a new high resolution version made from scratch.
This includes a replacement of every skybox model to fix all the glaring issues with the original.
There are also some additional minor changes that either fix issues with the vanilla environments or serve to better blend ingame terrain and skybox.
Other than that I recommend you just check out the screenshots as pictures say more than a thousand words :) or check the video to see the animated skyboxes.

Click the following image to see additional interactive screenshot comparisons:

1iaMiBn.jpg

There are also add-ons with new skyboxes for the following mods:

If you find any issues or have any other comments, please let me know and I'll see what can be done.

INSTALLATION:

For installation instructions check the read-me files of the individual downloads. You either have to run an installer or just drop files into your Override folder. For the mod to take full effect you need a savegame where you have not yet left Citadel Station.

If you update from version 1.0.x to 1.1 make sure to read the special instructions.

I also highly recommend to install the fog fix if you are using the latest Steam patch.

COMPABILITY:

This mod is not compatible with any mod that edits skyboxes in any way. This includes mods that only edit their models. There might also be rare incompabilities with mods that edit non-skybox area models if those models are also edited by this mod.

PERMISSIONS:

You may NOT redistribute any textures included in this archive without my explicit permission. You may however use all the models as long as you give me credit.

CREDITS:

This mod was created by Kexikus using mainly Terragen 4, Photoshop CS6 and 3ds Max. Additional tools used:

Additional resources by:

• Andy Welder: Dantooine tree model
  • Animum: Dxun/Onderon tree model
  • Bioware: Nar Shaddaa traffic models, Coruscant traffic texture, M4-78 buildings
  • creativepack: Additional Nar Shaddaa textures
  • dandelO: grass shader Dantooine and Telos, snow shader Dantooine
  • Flo: Dxun bush model
  • Jorak Uln: Taris window texture
  • Martin Frank: Dxun bush model
  • mhaze: Telos rock/mountain shader
  • Misha Winkler: Grass model Dantooine
  • Obsidian: Telos tree model, Nar Shaddaa textures, Onderon buildings, M4-78 buildings
  • PCWallArt.com: Onderon gold texture
  • proper33: Malachor lightning texture
  • SCIFI3D.com: Coruscant buildings
  • svenniemannie: Additional Coruscant texture
  • Texturify: Additional Nar Shaddaa texture
  • TheBlackHole: M4-78 lava shader
  • Veronica Bush: Dxun bush model
  • VIS-Games: M4-78 excavator model

THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS OR OBSIDIAN. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD NOR THE COMPANIES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN USING THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/05/2020
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations, Kexikus!

These skyboxes are simply stunning.

You can now take a well deserved rest although we'll all hope to see more from you in the future.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Published another update, this one being more serious since it fixes breaking dialogs in a number of modules. The issue was most notable in 401dxn but also occured in other modules. Thanks to everyone who reported the issue.

I strongly suggest you redownload the mod if you have a previous version installed. If you do make sure to read the read-me for special instructions on how to update the mod!

In the most likely case that you are using TSLRCM you will need to delete 401dxn.mod and 510ond.mod from your modules folder before installing the new version of my mod but read the full instructions to be sure.

Sorry for that!

Uploaded a new version that fixes an issue where players would get stuck in the Nar Shaddaa cantina. There is no need to redownload, simply delete 306nara.wok, 306narb.wok and 306nard.wok from your Override.

I have been enjoying this mod very much recently. But have come across a few things that slightly bothered me.  First thing is the makers mark on the winter mountains of Telos.

I understand why you put that there(to try and keep people from easily stealing your work). But when I first saw it, I thought it was one of those errors that show up when a texture is missing. Could you maybe make it smaller? 

The other is not really a bug or incompatibility,  just a consequence of use when in combination with this mod.   "TSL Modern Camera Overhaul" over at NexusMods (I'm using the 90 degree FOV). I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this.

Thanks for your work on this, it makes the game look a lot better.

K2_00002.png

K2_00003.png

Glad to hear that you like my work.

As to the issues you are experiencing, that's a problem with mods that change the camera in cutscenes where often the original camera settings were designed to hide such things. IMHO the camera mod should have left the cutscenes alone or at the very least, fixed the camera angles/positions to hide the level edges (especially in the first screenshot) so that's not something I can fix.

As for the logo, I did check the game (in widescreen) to see if they are visible anywhere in vanilla and if they were, I already removed them. It's of course always possible that another mod changes a camera so that they are visible again (as you obviously noticed) and even if I made them smaller, the same could still happen. Nevertheless, I'll keep that specific case in mind for a future release. It's not high on my priority list though, sorry.

On 4/8/2021 at 6:57 AM, M'aiqTheLiar said:

...  "TSL Modern Camera Overhaul" over at NexusMods (I'm using the 90 degree FOV). I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this.

You can extract the vanilla camerastyle.2da using Kotor Tool, and edit it yourself to make your own camera mod that only affects what you want. 

Going purely from memory... You should only need to increase the fov (the "viewangle" column) on the "Default", "Ebon Hawk", "Outdoors", and "Combat" rows.

I don't use that mod because reasons, but it's easy enough to make your own camera style that does the minimum amount of edits needed.  And anything past ~70 viewangle  (remember this is vertical FOV, not horizontal) causes fishbowling, but I guess some people like that?  Weird.