WarKingDovid

MOD REGISTRY ENTRY HELP!

Hi guys!  I don't exactly know what I'm doing, so I'm asking for help.  I own the Steam version of Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords and I run a windows 7 64-bit PC.  I have been told that it is totally doable to use workshop mods in cooperation with mods outside of Steam, correct?  Only that the workshop mods should be installed first, as I understand it.  And in addition, if one is using workshop mods, any mods installed from outside of steam should be installed to the workshop folder and not to the main directory, right? 

If you weren't using any workshop mods, the installation path would be: Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Knights of the Old Republic II 

But if you are using workshop mods, the installation path would be: Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > workshop > content > 208580 > 1402798020

Right?  Am I understanding this?  Unfortunately, Steam doesn't install the registry entries that the TSL Patcher looks for, and I don't know how to use regedit.  Can someone show me how (or provide the registry entry .reg file) to navigate the registry and show me where to install the appropriate registry key?  I would really appreciate the help.         

2 hours ago, WarKingDovid said:

Yes, but regardless of my feelings about the workshop, without the instructions I seek, I have no recourse.  😢

I believe the point was that, if possible, you should uninstall your Steam mods and use the non-Steam versions.

Mods that use TSL Patcher correctly do all the work for you, no need to muck around with the Registry. They also have better support here as the community is more familiar with using mods outside of Steam.

And in case it's not clear, you can use the game that's installed from Steam. It's just the mods that you want to get outside of Steam.

• Light Side Points 2

5 hours ago, AmanoJyaku said:

I believe the point was that, if possible, you should uninstall your Steam mods and use the non-Steam versions.

Mods that use TSL Patcher correctly do all the work for you, no need to muck around with the Registry. They also have better support here as the community is more familiar with using mods outside of Steam.

And in case it's not clear, you can use the game that's installed from Steam. It's just the mods that you want to get outside of Steam.

Yes. This. Skip the Workshop entirely!