Sign in to follow this  
Arctrooper209

MOD:Ranged Weapon Expansion Pack

Ranged Weapon Expansion Pack

This mod adds three new upgrades for ranged weapons, three new weapons (not new models, I used existing in-game models), and modifies the Heavy Mining Laser. All of the weapons also come with lore-friendly descriptions.

The included screenshots show the stats of all the weapons and a standard blaster rifle with all of the max level upgrades. Electroshock Blaster can be crafted with Repair 2, CB-100 and the Railgun with Repair 20, and the Heavy Mining Laser cannot be crafted.  If you're using TSLRCM you can find the Heavy Mining Laser in-game at Peragus. Item codes and crafting requirements are in the readme.

Installation:

Simply run TSLPatcher.exe

Uninstallation:

Remove the .uti files from your override and replace the .2da files with those in the "Backup" folder of the Expansion Pack (created when you installed).

Bugs/Issues

There is a small visual bug where the feat provided by the weapon upgrades will not appear in the Feats page of character abilities if you have not already learned the first feat in that line. So for example, if you have the Sniper Shot feat, the Master Sniper Shot gained from Tri-Light Scope IV will appear on your list of feats, but if you don't have Sniper Shot the Master version will not appear. However, even if it is not listed on your character sheet, it will be available in combat.

Compatibility:

Will not fully work with any mod that changes the heavymininglaser.uti, such as Marauder’s Mining Laser Consistency Fix. If you want to use both, whatever mod you want to affect the Heavy Mining Laser, install that one last. So you if you like Marauder's mining laser better, install my mod, then install Marauder's mod and overwrite my heavymininglaser.uti with his.

See below for what each level of the new upgrades do and how to craft them:

Tri-Light Scope

Mark I: Sniper Shot

Mark II: Sniper Shot, Keen

Mark III: Improved Sniper Shot, Keen

Mark IV: Master Sniper Shot, Keen, +1 Attack

Skill to Craft: Awareness 4, 10, 16, 22

Overcharged Power Cell

Mark I: Power Shot

Mark II: Power Shot, +2 Energy

Mark III: Improved Power Shot, +3 Energy, Massive Criticals 1d4

Mark IV: Master Power Shot, +1d6 Energy, Massive Criticals 1d4