Sign in to follow this  
Salk

Understanding CurrentHitPoints, MaxHitPoints, HitPoints, ForcePoints and CurrentForce

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out how the game deals with those values and I'm not sure I understand how it is supposed to work. While I understand the necessity of four fields (CurrentHP, MaxHP, CurrentFP, MaxFP), it doesn't seem the game file follows this rather logical approach and provides 5 fields instead. One may think that setting the same value for CurrentHitPoints and MaxHitPoints would result in the character having that very number in a full bar and same thing for Force Points. But no... That would have been too easy.

I'm busy editing the .utc files for the various Evil Bastila files found in unk_m44ac and I was trying to make sure the level matches with the HP and FP. Since they don't (I have tried levelling up Bastila to that very same level by giving her enough XP and the HP and FP are not the same), I wanted to edit them properly. So, as an example, Bastila at Lvl 18 should have 180 HPs and 198 FP. I insert 180 using the K-GFF editor in CurrentHitPoints, MaxHitPoints and HitPoints and 198 in CurrentForce and ForcePoints. The result is that Bastila has full bars with 216 HP and 288 FP.

Then I tried doing something different. I used 10 for CurrentHitPoints and HitPoints and 180 for MaxHitPoints. And 10 for CurrentForce and 198 for ForcePoints. The result was that Bastila now had a HP full bar of 46/46 and a partial bar of Force Points (100 / 288, if I recall the first value well enough).

Does anyone here know how those values really are calculated and which ones should be edited leaving the rest alone?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I think I can answer my own question here and perhaps I should just open a new topic to explain things for others that may have been wondering the same.

Apparently the values to insert in the file should be minus the bonus coming from Attributes and Feats because those ones are added by the engine to the total. I just need to figure out why the HP has three and not two fields.

• Like 1