Sign in to follow this  
Salk

[KotOR] Wookie Warblade

Hello!

As I approach the end of my project by going through the whole game in search of things to fix/improve on, I am now exploring the Unknown World and found that there is quite little to do for me there compared to every other planet I have visited before. Just minor stuff, really... But one thing that bothered me was finding this item, the Wookie Warblade, in one of the storage bins.

Bioware seems to have filled such bins/crates with items that do not seem to belong there at all but this one in particular is special. We find this particular sword, which is nothing to write home about, for the first time just there on Lehon as opposed to much more sensible places like Kashyyyk. Not only that, but it is virtually useless since at this point into the game nobody would ever use such a weak weapon to fight with so I have been wondering if it might be best to move it from there and place it somewhere else, at least to make thematically much more sense.

I was thinking of a bin in Kashyyyk. Possibly even have more than one such item, considering it should be quite a common weapon.

Opinions?

Cheers!

I added some to the Czerka Store on Kashyyyk in an unreleased shop mod that I made. Thought it was logical that some trade would be going back and forth between Czerka and Chundar's people since the precedent was set with his Bowcaster including certain Czerka modifications.

Moreover, it could be as it often was in our world, where a lot of the old colonial powers would export stock blades made in their home countries to places that lacked the industry. Upon arrival, the local populace and garrisons would modify them to fit their needs and aesthetic preferences. Basically, even though it's intended for Wookiees doesn't mean it was necessarily made by them.

Hello, Ragnarök.

Thanks for your input.

I have decided to remove the Wookie Warblade from Lehon and place two of them on Kashyyyk to give them a more fair representation. I'm not exactly sure I can agree with your last statement though. The weapon is called Wookie Warblade and I can hardly imagine being developed by any other race than Wookies, considering that in its lore it's specified that "The warblade was a cumbersome weapon for non-Wookiees but was perfectly wieldy for the Wookiees who carried them." It seems therefore consistent that this was a weapon designed by Wookies.

I have additionally decided to make Bacca's Sword more unique. For starters, it's using one model and texture found in DI's Mandalorian Battleblade mod. It loses its rather senseless 4 Energy Damage Bonus while at the same time shifts its class from Vibrosword to Wookie Warblade and that compensates the nerf because Wookie Warblades in my own modification have an increased critical multiplier (from x2 to x3) and the "Mighty" property as well.

14 hours ago, Salk said:

The weapon is called Wookie Warblade and I can hardly imagine being developed by any other race than Wookies, considering that in its lore it's specified that "The warblade was a cumbersome weapon for non-Wookiees but was perfectly wieldy for the Wookiees who carried them." It seems therefore consistent that this was a weapon designed by Wookies.

Manufactured, not designed. Anyone can manufacture weapons suited to a specific race provided they know the anatomical limits/requirements of the race they're dealing with or have a native example to use as a template. Kashyyyk doesn't strike me as a hub of industry, their most famous blade being cobbled together from the steel of a crashed starship, so it stands to reason that some would be imported, but I digress. Glad you made progress.

• Like 1