Sign in to follow this  
TheNonMan

[K2] Adding Areas?

I don't want to do anything major, but I was pretty disappointed by how small Korriban was as a level/planet.

I'd like to recreate one or two of the sith lord tombs from K1, and add a few items to reward the player for working through them. I'm a game dev and have no problem with models, scripts and such, but I haven't yet worked with the mod tools (I'm going to experiment with them on my next days off).

Before I go to the trouble of trying to accomplish something that might not be possible in K2, can we remove / change collisions in areas, add transition points leading to new areas, and populate them with enemies, lootables, etc?

Thanks!

:: UPDATE ::

I've been putting more thought into it, so here's a tentative rundown of features. Once there's actual work done I'll made a WIP thread.

•  Door leading to Sith academy will be closed and locked upon first arriving on Korriban.
  •  New area in Valley of the Dark Lords - Tomb of Tulak Hord.
  •  Occupied by Tuk'ata, Sith Assassins, and a kotor lore friendly boss.
  •  Player must find a sith medallion to open the door to the sith academy.
  •  Player can find a sith holocron in a chamber previously hidden by a (now collapsed) wall.
    • + Dark side alignment if the player chooses to study it's contents.
    • +2 attack with melee weapons.

•  Items
    • Tulak Hord's Mask (+4 stealth, +2 dex, restricted to dark side) - new model
    • Sith Assassin Blade (+1 attack, +2 dark side damage) - new model
    • Sith Crescent (balanced, +1 defense, +2 dark side damage) - new model
    • Sith Assassin Wraps (light armor, +1 defense, +1 dex, +2 stealth, allows force powers)
Edited by TheNonMan

All of that is pretty trivial these days with the available tools. The only real limitation is adding additional planets/locations to the galaxy map, since there is a hard cap to the total number possible (but you can get around that in other ways).

Just now, DarthParametric said:

All of that is pretty trivial these days with the available tools. The only real limitation is adding additional planets/locations to the galaxy map, since there is a hard cap to the total number possible (but you can get around that in other ways).

Thanks! : D