Myrthian

[Kotor] Upper Shadowlands: stuck in cutscene

tyPvhNt.jpg

I have no idea how to progress further: used the elevator to get down, killed Calo, and just a short distance further this cutscene plays, but nothing is happening + I can't skip it.

7 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Is Jolee not there? Would probably explain why it hangs.

I hear battle music, and the cutscene is exactly like on the screenshot.

23 hours ago, Myrthian said:

Quite a few mods installed... Through the mention of Jolee...

If anything this could be the one -- #12 KOTOR 1 NPC fixes

Is it this mod? --

If indeed that is, you may want to check any instance of p_jolee001.UTC in your Override. And if there, try to remove it temporarily and see if you can proceed.

For further details you can try following this post and on.

22 hours ago, ebmar said:

If anything this could be the one -- #12 KOTOR 1 NPC fixes

Is it this mod? --

If indeed that is, you may want to check any instance of p_jolee001.UTC in your Override. And if there, try to remove it temporarily and see if you can proceed.

For further details you can try following this post and on.

Yes, it's that mod, and no, moving anything related to Jolee out of Override doesn't do anything, even if I start from a save where I've used the lift to get up top again.

Any other ideas how I can just skip this cutscene and try to progress that way?

Save: https://www.file-upload.com/s2r9n359bqi4.

Edited by Myrthian

3 hours ago, Myrthian said:

...even if I start from a save where I've used the lift to get up top again.

With this attempt you'll need a fresh module load, and you must not enter the area previously -- that assuming Jolee were spawned soon as entering the module [can't remember if I ever check that]. Try to load somewhere before going down the lift first time. Granted, NpcOverhaulK1 can probably be the culprit, but I never use that far enough so can't give any insight on.

3 hours ago, Myrthian said:

Any other ideas how I can just skip this cutscene and try to progress that way?

Things will probably breaks more than it currently is if you're going that way. Let's see if you can make it work with current solution first, and look for an alternatives later [not that anything practical I can think of, lol]. Though probably someone can chime in and grant you of this wish. Good luck!

I had to play from the start as I had no prior saves before going down, but after removing p_jolee001.utc the cutscene went back to normal and I could progress further.

On the plus side I made my own companion tweaks which I will upload once I've finished the game.

• Like 1

I might have to mess around with the Jolee UTCs on that file. The Jolee you see fighting the Katarns in the cutscene and the Jolee that enters your party are two different UTC files.  I did have an issue with the Katarn Jolee fighting Katarns barehanded when I changed up either his armor or lightsaber. Let me take a look and let me see what I can do. If it is my file, I apologize for the trouble.