Myrthian

Mod/fix to adjust the default attack mode for PC and companions?

Is there a simple fix or mod to adjust the default attack mode?

If I e.g. use Flurry as my main attack on my PC, but I switch to companions + my prepared commands for my PC have been executed the attack mode goes back to the default one, which really annoys me. The same applies when the current target dies, and everyone just goes back to using the default attack.

Scope: I just want a simple choice of "Companion A uses attack mode B instead of the default attack".

Edited by Myrthian

To my knowledge this kind of behavior would require a complete rewriting of the AI (which is desirable and sorely needed but way beyond my paygrade)

There was a party member here that had that exact goal in mind but his Enemy Enhancer project never saw the light of the day.

The way it is now the default AI for each party member overrides your given commands as soon as you switch control to another party member and I don't think there is anything that can be done about it other than possibly remove completely the AI script associated to them which would in turn require that you issue each command manually.

I have personally created a "dummy" script which I use when I want to disable the AI because I hate when party members charge into melee attack going through detected mines. In such cases I switch their AI off temporarily and restore it soon afterwards.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 4:42 PM, Salk said:

To my knowledge this kind of behavior would require a complete rewriting of the AI (which is desirable and sorely needed but way beyond my paygrade)

There was a party member here that had that exact goal in mind but his Enemy Enhancer project never saw the light of the day.

The way it is now the default AI for each party member overrides your given commands as soon as you switch control to another party member and I don't think there is anything that can be done about it other than possibly remove completely the AI script associated to them which would in turn require that you issue each command manually.

I have personally created a "dummy" script which I use when I want to disable the AI because I hate when party members charge into melee attack going through detected mines. In such cases I switch their AI off temporarily and restore it soon afterwards.

I have no idea about coding, but would it really require a complete re-write of the AI?

The default attack script has to have something like "Use the default attack mode" somewhere among its decision tree(s), so wouldn't it be sufficient to just replace that with the desired attack mode, e.g. Flurry, and leaving everything else untouched?