ebmar

[Mass Effect] Changing an Area BGM

Since DeadlyStream supports discussion about other games that is non-Star Wars, as the section said so --

Discussion of Games both Star Wars and non-Star Wars

I tried to push my luck here with a question for Mass Effect's -- because I can't for the life of me finding an active forums that discuss [not that only host mods] on ME modding. Also, no harm on doing this here I guess, which intention is to take all the help I can get from this beloved forums.

So, I want to change the BGM that plays on an area to a customized one, particularly around the Upper Markets located on the Citadel -- Upper Wards. Well, you know - the section where we observe the view of Citadel's wards with Ashley and Kaidan. If there's way, how can I do that?

Much thanks for considering this.

It has been a few years since I messed around with ME modding. I think ME3Explorer is no longer the primary toolset, but that's the one I recall using. Despite the name it works for all three games (mostly). There is a sound tool in there, but I never messed with it. You probably want to check out the forum and wiki for it.

Thank you for the feedback!

29 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

I think ME3Explorer is no longer the primary toolset, but that's the one I recall using.

Yeah, I've been using that but not lately -- as I found out that it broke the textures that installed with, also ALOT Installer supersedes its texture-installer functionality as well is more time-efficient with the installation. Granted, no toolsets around that has the compatibility to explore the game files compares to that, from what I see. Though looking from few mods that been made recently it still is the primary toolset.

There is a sound tool in there, but I never messed with it.

Yeah, I saw it, but not sure where-to, what-to, and how-to work with the related assets.

You probably want to check out the forum and wiki for it.

Sure, been looking onto it.

6 minutes ago, ebmar said:

supersedes its texture-installer functionality

Yeah, it's no longer recommended for modded file installation, but I'm not sure it is entirely superseded for mod creation. But as I said, it has been a while since I had much to do with any ME modding, and even back then my efforts were mostly focused on pulling stuff out rather than putting stuff back in.

On 8/14/2020 at 7:58 PM, DarthParametric said:

...not sure it is entirely superseded for mod creation.

Yeah, I mean there's a better tool for texture installation, but yeah -- it's the only tool for mod creation presently. My bad for going off-topics and for the inconvenience.

On 8/14/2020 at 7:58 PM, DarthParametric said:

...my efforts were mostly focused on pulling stuff out rather than putting stuff back in.

Point taken!

Edit: anyway, thank you for the link - this probably a promising place to start.

Edit2: dead end, so far. No reference about ME1 there -- all there is was ME3's, and both games seems like using different file formatting.

Edit3: refers to the information I got from a reliable source, apparently we can't mod audio in ME1 for now, because no one has the source code on how audio works.

Edited by ebmar
Can't mod audio in ME1 for now