Salk

[KotOR] Circlet of Saresh

Hello!

I'd like to ask your opinion about this item's restriction. Currently it's restricted to Light Side but not to Jedi.  The description speaks specifically of being an item created to celebrate Guun Han Saresh's acceptance into the Order. Do you think it would make more sense if only light sided Jedi could wear it?

Thanks. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Salk said:

The description speaks specifically of being an item created to celebrate Guun Han Saresh's acceptance into the Order. Do you think it would make more sense if only light sided Jedi could wear it?

I think that's a great idea for consistency's sake. I mean, it does make sense after all. Perhaps adding Jedi Defense to Feat Required field on the item's template/UTI would be the best approach for that.

Edited by ebmar
  • Like 3

Hello, ebmar!

That is exactly what I had done locally but I wasn't quite sure. Especially considering that the polar opposite item (Tulak Hord's Mask, which also looks identical in the original game) is restricted to Dark Side but not Jedi.

I hope others will chime in and give us their opinion as well.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Well there is no "Jedi" restriction as such, just class restrictions for Guardian/Sentinal/Consular. Going the feat route as ebmar suggested would achieve the same end result, but it's not really thematically the same. I assume fluff is what you're after, since there seems little other reason to bother. In that case you could possibly create a fake Jedi restriction item property that just uses the feat restriction under the hood.

• Like 1

Yeah, these are very minor little touches that don't make much of a difference.

I just care about internal consistency between lore and item properties.

I like the idea, for what it's worth.

I'd say the new requirement should be implemented to every instance where it makes sense. So besides the circlet, there's Tulak's mask, as you said, but also Ragnos' gauntlets. Qel-Droma's robes you can't equip without the Jedi Defense feat anyway. It doesn't make sense to have a special restriction for the robes but not for any of these items. They should've either removed the Jedi restriction thing or applied it to everything pertinent. To be honest, Sith artifacts requiring a Force user sounds way more fitting than restricting non Force sensitives from wearing plain robes.

EDIT: Ajunta's blade is another possibility, though more crippling gameplay wise.

Thanks for your input, @La Ingobernable.

Ragnos' gauntlets do require Jedi Defense as well to be worn. It may actually be so that Bioware intended to have items restricted to Jedi only if the properties of the item itself apply to Jedi only. That would be consistent with the gauntlets and the fact that the Circlet of Saresh and Tulak's mask can in fact be worn by Jedi.

Perhaps changing this would be a mistake, after all.

• Like 1

Oh, so the gauntlets are already restricted to Jedi. All the more reason for the head items to have the same restrictions then, even if it's just to be consistent with their origin.