Masirimso24

Stuck in Administrator's Office - Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

I entered the Administrator's Office with Shadow, destroyed the turrets and droids, and then made a deal with the administrator. Now I can't leave his office. You can see below in my video that the door doesn't budge and doesn't let me leave at all. What am I supposed to do?

I've edited my ini file to add the EnableCheats=1 line, set my savegame through KOTOR Save Editor to "Cheats Used", and tried to enter the cheat code to warp myself but for the life of me can't get the cheat console activated. I thought maybe it is invisible but whatever I type doesn't work, the hotkeys bring me to the game menus. I think because I have a Turkish Q keyboard so I tried pressing the buttons that would give me the tilde sign but no, still no cheat console.

Is there any way to change the module I'm in from the save editor or kotor tool (the latter I have no idea how to use)? I have no idea how to exit.

By the way this isn't the first time this has happened, in an earlier playthrough in I think my old computer (in any case a different installation) I ran into the same error. What should I do?

• Like 1

This actually occurred to me too the other day, and I'm using an English keyboard 😕 Never used cheats since playing it in 2004 until this bug crept up. 

By the way, there are two gamebreaking bugs that might occur later on a Mandalorian ship (an invisible console and a force field that doesn't block it)

Hi

Haven't you any recent Save before that part? see if the problem reproduces? I've just played once with Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge and I remember the Administrator and the place you're referring to but aside some crashes with this MOD, nothing like the problem you say.

About the cheats console always has been a headache for a lot of users. At least in my case I realized that for bring up the console need press two keys, the "accent" (is that the correct word/description?) " ` " and after the tilde (or " º ") at the left of the " 1 ". If I recall right the console is invisible and one way to know that it's activated is trying to move your character with your usual keys, if doesn't move that means that you're "typping" in the console. With the console activated most people have problems with cheats no working because has been typped some Key, even the "accent"  if you use it for activate it, and the cheat sintaxis is not correct. So, when you see that your character doesn't move using the movement keys (that means the console is active) use the Backspace Key several times to erase any typped Key, you'll see nothing of all that but it works. Now type the correct cheat and it must work fine.

(Ohh, I know, I know... I don't like use cheats especially but when is needed, it's needed).

4 hours ago, Obi Wan Pere said:

If I recall right the console is invisible and one way to know that it's activated is trying to move your character with your usual keys

The cheat console is only invisible in KotOR2.  It should be visible in KotOR1. 

@Masirimso24, I hope this helpful.

How to activate the cheat console Find the file called "swkotor.ini" in your Knights of the Old Republic game folder. The default location is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic\swkotor.ini."

Open the file with Notepad and under the line called [Game Options], add the following lines:

EnableCheats=1

EnableConsole=1

Opening the Cheat Console: While playing, press [~] or [`] to bring down the console if the language setting of your keyboard is English (United States). The key combination to open the console varies according to the language setting of your keyboard. Per example, for French (France) language settings, you have to press Alt Gr + 7. Normally it corresponds to the keys you need to press to type a tilde The console shows up with a tiny [>] in the upper left corner of the screen. (The cheat console in KOTOR II-TSL is invisible.)

What key is directly above your TAB key?  Mind posting a picture of it, @Masirimso24?

• Like 1

Thank you for all the help guys!

So my issue was solved quite by chance actually. I was playing the game from a backup hard drive where I copied the same Kotor folder from my main hard drive. I supposed it was time to copy my saves to the main one and leave the backup hard drive unused as it should be, so I did. Just in case, I tried the administrator cutscene again.

Sure enough the bug happened again, I was stuck... But Shadow was not, for some reason. She was left behind the doors. So I did the office scene, then switched to Shadow, then used the elevator with her. Sure enough my character teleported to the elevator and the problem was solved. I'm so lucky!

EDIT: Would you like me to share the save after I managed to leave the Administrator’s office? Here’s the thing though, I tried to play the saves on my other backed up installations (even those saved on non-BoS places) for example I tried loading my saves on a clean minus BoS installation, but the game crashes whenever it tries to load the save. 

Edited by Masirimso24
  • Like 1