Elwood288

Nameless Containers

So when I add a items from a mod to a container it works but the container doesn't have a name in game. Why is this happening?

Here is the changes.ini from such a mod. If anything else is needed just let me know.

changes.ini

Are you using a non-English version of TSL? You used KTool, and the first thing it does is break TLK references, turning them instead to local English strings. They won't show up if you are running in another language. Roll back using the backups TSLPatcher makes, then try using this config:

changes.ini

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware it's the English Steam version. I'll test this and get back to you.

EDIT: That's a negative. Same issue when using your changes.ini.

Did you try it from a save before entering that module for the first time? It won't work if you load a save from already in there.

Also, do you have the physical UTPs in your tslpatchdata folder?

• Like 1

You have no dialog.tlk in the game's root folder? Running without it is essentially impossible, since it contains all the text in the game.

By "data" folder I assume you mean the Override folder? Or the actual Data folder?

• Like 1

Ooooh the games folder. Gotcha. I'll get those to you once I get my test setup reinstalled. I imagine having a ton of other mods installed would be a problem.

And yes I meant override.

I'm very confused then because I did it the same way I did with the Darkstar Gear and that container still has it's name. Can you tell me how and where you are seeing what you are seeing?

EDIT: I think I may have found the problem. The changes ChangeEdit was making to the containers included messing with the containers name. The container in Darkstar Gear did not have these changes. I have removed them and will get back to you after testing.

EDIT 2: ^ That was indeed the issue. I don't know why ChangeEdit made those changes to the container name but deleting them leaves the container name intact while still inserting the items. Thanks for your help Darth.