So I wanted to replay Kotor with mods including Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon’s Revenge and one of the things I wanted to be part of the game was the mod Fett Style Mandalorians. Unfortunately there seems to be a mistake when it comes to their heads. I first noticed this with Canderous having Shadow’s head (also whenever I try to change his outfit his appearance still doesn’t change):85D9A631-3EA4-4604-8DC5-53B33D9F8AC1.thumb.jpeg.7855d1b3958cb1e0e071861877734616.jpeg

Also his blaster seems to have lost its texture for some reason:

994E577C-483D-4013-B84A-811ED45BDA7E.thumb.jpeg.f551a147a5aeaa4d13a057ed83eb38f3.jpeg

And it looks like other Mandalorians are affected too as one of them has my player character’s head:

0A617B52-68E0-47DE-BD1D-1ED8A74AF80C.thumb.jpeg.ddf073f3910c293f75122f1086e14b11.jpeg

I tried uninstalling but when I try that all the Mandalorians from the game including Canderous disappear (not just invisible; gone completely). In the party screen, Canderous’ description changes to: “I am broken. I am very very broken” and when I try to add him the game crashes. I’m assuming other Mandalorian related things in the game would break as well.

I’m assuming this is because of an incompatibility regarding Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon’s Revenge, however the problem is I cannot uninstall it without breaking the game, and I don’t want Mandalorians with random heads in the game.

How do I fix this? Please help!

EDIT: More screenshots. Sherruk now has the (modded) Helena head and a white armor? I am so confused

F7839302-B34D-4282-9F2F-640FBD1ACE6F.thumb.jpeg.60ae416414890a1ceab4b3327cde7216.jpeg22B0E91D-60D9-45AC-93A6-BBA0952FEF6F.thumb.jpeg.a48aed6429dd17548eb39ac81fcbd720.jpeg13C72D9F-B1BB-4DCE-AFB8-B2D065A59278.thumb.jpeg.15f17a9ef2a179dabab208c3eeccdedf.jpeg

Edited by Masirimso24
More screenshots

I'm a little ignorant on this topic, but I did a little research, and I think the issue might be a messy appearance.2da file. Did you download the mod from here?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, StellarExile said:

I'm a little ignorant on this topic, but I did a little research, and I think the issue might be a messy appearance.2da file. Did you download the mod from here?

No, I couldn't find it here but I found it with a quick Google search:

https://www.lonebullet.com/file/patches/fett-style-mandalorians-for-k1/11082

I assumed it was a messy appearance.2da file but I have no idea how to edit it. Shall I share my file here so someone could take a look or something?

EDIT: So I don’t know who this guy is but if I give Canderous the (modded) basic Mandalorian grunt armor he looks like this. Must be a character in Brotherhood of Shadow I’m not supposed to know yet lol. I should note that when other characters wear it they look like my character’s head

2B7F3368-2415-440B-B819-E9148417CCE9.thumb.jpeg.297ea3c4dafcddb6fca221a52d944edc.jpeg

Edited by Masirimso24
New screenshot

That may be the problem. Unfortunately, if it doesn't use the TSL patcher, I don't think it will be compatible with a lot of other mods.

50 minutes ago, StellarExile said:

That may be the problem. Unfortunately, if it doesn't use the TSL patcher, I don't think it will be compatible with a lot of other mods.

Surprisingly it did use TSL Patcher. For some reason it messed it up anyway (there weren’t any errors during installation either). Weird.

Should I upload the log and/or the appearance.2da file?

1 minute ago, StellarExile said:

Probably. Do you know who the mod author of the Fett Mandos is?

Apparently it's a group called "TeamFett". It says so in the description in the link I shared above:

"Today TeamFett, brings us a mod which contains the Boba Fett Model; a massive thanks has to go to Xavier 2 and the AotC team, as well as Darth Deadman who are some old school Holowan Modders."

Anyway, here's my appearance.2da file and the log for the installation (I also uploaded heads.2da because the log has a warning considering that too):

appearance.2da

installlog.rtf

heads.2da

I've looked at the files for a bit, setting up Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon’s Revenge is a bit too much work, but I think I have a theory:
Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon’s Revenge adds a bunch of entries to heads and/or appearance.2da to add new unique characters. Then the Mando mod adds rows, adding is good*, but it puts armors on characters that use the disguise property. Those disguise properties might not be so flexible, they might just point to a row number, a row that the first mod added.
I'm not sure if the TSLPatcher can even take that into account, disguises are tricky in general.

* The Mando mod does use the TSLPatcher but it does not use its memory capabilities. Add row to 2da file X -> store that row number in memory -> add row to 2da file Y, reference to row number stored in memory, etc. That's how you can keep things compatible (again, not sure you can take care of the disguise thing).

Possible conclusion: mixing these 2 mods might be a bridge too far (in theory you could fix things manually, but that's a lot of work). I suggest taking the mando mod out, there should be backups of the 2da files in the mando mod's install folder. If you cleaned all that up then it might be in your recycle bin.

• Light Side Points 2

4 hours ago, Effix said:

I've looked at the files for a bit, setting up Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon’s Revenge is a bit too much work, but I think I have a theory:
Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon’s Revenge adds a bunch of entries to heads and/or appearance.2da to add new unique characters. Then the Mando mod adds rows, adding is good*, but it puts armors on characters that use the disguise property. Those disguise properties might not be so flexible, they might just point to a row number, a row that the first mod added.
I'm not sure if the TSLPatcher can even take that into account, disguises are tricky in general.

* The Mando mod does use the TSLPatcher but it does not use its memory capabilities. Add row to 2da file X -> store that row number in memory -> add row to 2da file Y, reference to row number stored in memory, etc. That's how you can keep things compatible (again, not sure you can take care of the disguise thing).

Possible conclusion: mixing these 2 mods might be a bridge too far (in theory you could fix things manually, but that's a lot of work). I suggest taking the mando mod out, there should be backups of the 2da files in the mando mod's install folder. If you cleaned all that up then it might be in your recycle bin.

Thanks a lot. I see. Unfortunately as I said above removing the Mando mod breaks all Mandalorians so I’m stuck with it.

What if I reinstalled the game, installed the Mando mod first, and then installed BoS: SR? Let me try that on my other hard drive...

I don't know about the order; I did not look at the approach that BoS: SR takes, but it's worth a try.
If BoS: SR takes a more sophisticated approach, then you might be able to combine these 2 in that order.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Effix said:

I don't know about the order; I did not look at the approach that BoS: SR takes, but it's worth a try.
If BoS: SR takes a more sophisticated approach, then you might be able to combine these 2 in that order.

So I kinda got it to work. Reinstalling the game and installing the Mando mod before BoS: SR did the trick.

FC6B7B01-B012-468B-89B4-A3FBF5A03AE3.thumb.jpeg.c384a5dfae90d81e8045fc41fd7659f2.jpeg

3A9DDEE5-21E4-4FC7-BCE4-830BB492F1A5.thumb.jpeg.0156f5a60fc058b067da0f42f4e1a06e.jpeg

F6ACD9CC-B07A-42C1-B70E-EF38A648F960.thumb.jpeg.6700a7887d88b7d4416bf8bb1e0e20cd.jpeg

38BA555F-FC75-4601-92E4-962C636AAF2B.thumb.jpeg.37b8e115a0785810f56071ed3cf86e6e.jpeg

Oddly enough only the Mandos at the Sandral grounds seem to have bugged out heads. I’m not sure if it had anything to do with BoS: SR though. I’ve chosen to ignore it this time. Let’s hope that reinstalling other mods will still make it all work.

Thanks for all the help, you guys!