Sign in to follow this  
Ahsana

K2 Heads for K1 (and permission question)

I've been porting a lot of heads from K2 to incorporate into K1, not every head in K2 yet but at this rate I may eventually get pretty close to that. I would like to share all the ported heads for others to download, with the exception of ones I've noticed are already available. I noticed there have been legality questions about this in the past, and that currently it's okay to port heads and share them. But I'm wondering if there is an upper limit... If I were to share something like 20 ported heads would that be too many or is that okay?

Thanks!

• Light Side Points 1

The rules were recently changed to allow ports between K1 and TSL. If you are porting vanilla heads, that's fine, but the rules still forbid porting other people's mods without express permission.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

The rules were recently changed to allow ports between K1 and TSL. If you are porting vanilla heads, that's fine, but the rules still forbid porting other people's mods without express permission.

Well I thought it was basic respect to ask and acknowledge all the mods that you are using.   

I might suggest including in your read-me where on DeadlyStream that folks can find the other heads.  It may save you some headaches later on if they have the information in front of them.

• Like 2

Sigh. I'm still working on this but am confused about what would be most helpful to people. My worry is that I don't use TSL Patcher, and I'm wondering if that would make things unhelpful to most people. I've rarely used mods from others via TSL Patcher because I don't really understand what it will do (this isn't to say I haven't downloaded a ton of mods, but when I do, it's to try to figure out what the modder did - mods are a great way to learn from modders without ever having to ask them questions). I"ve worked to do things manually myself. But I know that this may not be what a lot of people consider, and I also remember my beginning with KOTOR which was on my phone and from there, there wasn't a way to use KOTOR Tool. I haven't been a person of great economic means, and it's only through a loan that I was able to purchase a laptop. I'm still working on this and I will finish, but I'm in uncertainty regarding what will help the most people. I've evolved and can now do a lot of things myself, but when I think about how I was before having a laptop I know anything I provide currently will not help people in the same boat...

I may figure out how to use TSL Patcher... that is possible. I am not sure at this point about everything though (which is to say, about which way to do this). I want to share because without all the sharing of others I wouldn't have been able to customize this game, and I'm incredibly grateful. It's amazing fun to customize a game. And if/when I get to the point of changing the actual plot, that would be even more fun (and again, another thing I'd never figure out without this entire community on this forum and elsewhere full of people who took the initial steps themselves).

2 hours ago, Ahsana said:

I may figure out how to use TSL Patcher

TSL Patcher comes with a fantastic user guide and the software is quite user friendly. Take the time to sit down and read through the guide thoroughly. Besides, for head ports you'll basically just need to use the simplest features of the patcher, i.e. adding a few rows in appearance.2da, heads.2da and portraits.2da, as well as copying the necessary .mdl, .mdx and .tga files over to the user's override folder.

• Like 1