ebmar

[TSL] Animation in Dialogue Overrides (Customized) VideoFX Overlay?

Greetings, fellow Jedi. Hope everyone's fine. :cheers:

Can anyone confirm in TSL that adding animations [using tk102's DLGEditor] overrides the currently applied [custom] VideoFX/CamVidEffect? In another case it doesn't happen with already existing animations in the relevant DLG.

Not there's no workaround for that as we can call EnableVideoEffect with a script together with the added animations, but I'm just curious about this rather bizarre setup [either I did wrong with the DLG or it's one of new things that Obsidian added] in the first place.

Much thanks for considering this.

28 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

...provide more specific details/examples.

1. I added a new row to videoeffects.2da for a custom CamVidEffect that I intend to use
  2. I edited a DLG/medoff.DLG to add and/or modify participant animations using script
  3. With the relevant DLG I also change the CamVidEffect from N/A to 18, and could only be changed with K-GFF as the custom one can't make it to DLGEditor's CamVidEffect list
  4. With every nodes that calls the animations -nothing fancy as it was just ANIMATION_LOOPING_USE_COMPUTER and ANIMATION_LOOPING_TALK_NORMAL for example- the VidFX resets to int 0 [not even N/A which is by default], which should have been int 18 [as specified in the 2DA]
  5. But with default animations setup [or at least untouched in my attempt] the custom VidFX works and not get overridden

I hope the information provided was specific enough - thanks for considering.

24 minutes ago, ebmar said:

custom one can't make it to DLGEditor's CamVidEffect list

Yeah all DLGEditor's references appear to be hard coded, not pulled from 2DAs dynamically.

25 minutes ago, ebmar said:

VidFX resets to int 0

Resets when? After saving via DLGEditor? Are you editing it in KGFF afterwards to change it back?

24 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Resets when?

It resets in-game, and as a workaround it had to be forced by using EnableVideoEffect. The value inside the DLG refers to the custom one, which is why I asked if that's how it is in TSL [modding]. 🤔

So it doesn't actually "reset", the game just reads it as row 0, i.e. VIDEO_EFFECT_SECURITY_CAMERA? What happens if you add additional copies of the row and choose higher numbers like 19, 20, etc?

24 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

...it doesn't actually "reset", the game just reads it as row 0, i.e. VIDEO_EFFECT_SECURITY_CAMERA?

Ah, that kind of make sense - like row limits and such. But how about it's working with default animations - that was previously assigned in the DLG [the NOD_NO one for example], and without having to force the VidFX with a script?

28 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

What happens if you add additional copies of the row and choose higher numbers...

Interesting, I'll get an update for that later. Thank you for the input on that. :cheers:

Row 18 only works with default anims that previously assigned in the DLG. Everytime I add and/or modify the anims either via DLG or script, it resets to int/row 0, in specifics node that calls the anim.

Update:

You were right about this, @DarthParametric --

Are you editing it in KGFF afterwards to change it back?

Apparently the value resets to 0 if the DLG loaded with the Editor, and it needs to be readjusted again with K-GFF. Dang, didn't thought of that possibility earlier. Said and done, many thanks for the assistance. Much appreciated. :cheers:

Update2:

Wait, but why it does not resets with default anims setup? Nah, I don't know then. At least there's a setup to overcomes that.

Edited by ebmar
Case closed. Either a user incompetence on working with the tools or something rather unknown

Yeah, it resets only with nodes that gets modified, whichever the fields are. It doesn't with those that were not, even when they had int > 15 [if they were added previously with K-GFF], which is the max limit the Editor can read.