Greetings, fellow Jedi! :cheers:

In current TSL playthrough I'm looking forwards to use PFHH01 head model as the PC's head appearance. Everything looks right not until I saw her facial animation particularly with single-wield ready stance for melee weapon, as seen in the screenshot below --

PFHH01_Deformed_Face.thumb.jpg.748bdba9803e41ba85b42cdbb351fadd.jpg

It's with the mouth if anyone's wondering. Also don't mind the small dot on her forehead, it's just something on the texture I added, hahah.

- while it also appear on the character-menu there. But apparently it looks differently with dual-wield; it's looking pretty normal, and I suspect [or wish] that's how it should have looked in the first place.

Therefore, if I'm about to fix that, where should I start? I thought it was about the animations in the head model and were thinking about copy-pasting the dual-wield to single-wield but apparently that's not the case.

Much thanks for considering this, and may the Force be with you.

Doesn't seem like there is anything particularly out of order with the skin weights for the lips/mouth/chin. Have you tried swapping to a different head to see if the issue occurs with them? If it does, then presumably the problem lies in some mod, since I don't recall seeing this issue reported before.

23 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Have you tried swapping to a different head to see if the issue occurs with them?

Haven't done that earlier, but have now with PFHC05, and --

PFHC05_Facial_Animation_OK.thumb.jpg.3d89146e98e47f428c6f50f1550a9808.jpg

- apparently it looks OK. Dang, now that strikes me, hahah.

Hah, now I wonder why, as you've said that --

23 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

...there is anything particularly out of order with the skin weights for the lips/mouth/chin.

P.S. also there's no PFHH01 model in my Override so that's vanilla

Looks like she has some duck lips going on in the single wield pose though.

Are you using a supermodel mod? Not that I'd expect one to affect those particular anims in TSL anyway. Still, if you are it couldn't hurt to try removing them and see what happens.

5 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Looks like she has some duck lips going on in the single wield pose though.

Exactly before it was cool, lol.

Are you using a supermodel mod? ...try removing them and see what happens.

Yeah, I have JC's Supermodel Fix for K2 installed, and while having it removed - the duck lips game still going strong here. So it's vanilla.

Looking at some of the anims, there is maybe a bit more lip repositioning in the SS/Single Saber animations compared to the 2HS/Two Handed Saber anims. You could delete all the relevant keys on those SS anims, or maybe copy the positions/rotations from the equivalent 2HS anims. That would kind of be a pain to do manually though. Maybe you can hassle @JCarter426 about writing a program to automate it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

...there is maybe a bit more lip repositioning in the SS/Single Saber animations compared to the 2HS/Two Handed Saber anims. You could delete all the relevant keys on those SS anims, or maybe copy the positions/rotations from the equivalent 2HS anims.

Thank you for the insights! There's light at the end of the tunnel here. :cheers:

That would kind of be a pain to do manually though.

I'll see if I can bear with it in an hour or two, and if not --

Maybe you can hassle JC about writing a program to automate it.

- seems more like it, hahah.

3 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

The first step is stop using sabers on Peragus you goddamn cheater.

Hahah, ez of course I won't do that. It was only for testing purpose of lightsabers from this thread, and while at it I saw the duck-lips. 😛

With proper runs I'll take it off surely.

Update:

You were right, @DarthParametric - but it's about the single-saber ready animations/g2r1 missing some nodes. The supermodel S_Female03 were missing several of it for g2r1 - all the way from f_um_g to f_rns_g. Copy-pasting the animations from dual-saber wield/g4r1 make the duck-lips' gone now, though fine tuning would still be needed because there's a visible sketchy facial transition from idle to ready stance [it might be the flourish animations that controls it].

Many thanks to @JCarter426 for his documentation of Analysis of the Combat Animations -- finding the alphanumeric code for the relevant animations saved me from hard-troubles, hahah. Perhaps JC can spark some light if he get the chance because I'm sure he know better than I do, like maybe there's limit about how many nodes an animations can have or anything.

Edited by ebmar
The core of the issue seem to be found

Yeah, it's on my list of things to fix. I ran into trouble with it the last time, so it didn't make it to release.

It is indeed caused by animation frames being missing but apparently they are needed even on an animation in which the object is not animated or things will get scrunched up. I have a script that, thanks to some help from @bead-v, can copy/paste animation frames to fix the problem en masse... but something else went wrong when I did that. I'll have to try it again at some point.

• Thanks 1