Prince of Pomp

Corellian/"Green" Jedi Robes

I am just curious, but has anyone considered doing a robe set based on the Green Jedi, otherwise known as the Corellian Jedi? I don't mean a simple recolor of the standard robes, but as a mechanically separate robe type with custom textures? The reason I am asking is, despite the fact that Halcyon, the family name of the most famous lineage of Corellian Jedi, which eventually produced Corran Horn, protagonist of the X-WIng series of novels, is one of the names that can be randomly generated when creating your character, that no one has seized upon the role-playing implications for such a mod.

While those that have played SWTOR may be more familiar with the Corellian Jedi than others, I will summarize as best I can. The Green Jedi, named for the distinct coloration and nonstandard(!) patterns of their robes, were a branch of the Jedi Order that had ideological differences with the High Council. They were based in Coronet City on Corellia, worked closely with CorSec, ( the Corellian police force), and had unique practices, such as allowing their members to marry and the passing of Jedi Credits to close associates. Basically, a rather interesting faction that existed contemporaneously, as displayed in the MMO, as the Corellian Jedi are already well established and have already diverged from standard Jedi practices. 

Now, I'm not saying that I'm a huge fan of the robes displayed in the MMO; I personally find them too gaudy and impractical (See the Wookieepedia page if you want to verify the claim). However, a toned-down version with a different stat distribution from regular robes and a unique model is something that would greatly interest me. However, I have no skill with designing textures or 3-d modelling, so I am incapable of doing this myself. Yes, it's probably a tad esoteric unless you were huge into the EU (Go read "I, Jedi" if you haven't already. Right now. Come back later, just go read it.) but it's the kind of thing that I'd like to see more of. Like it or not, we're not getting more EU content, and adding more of it into the game isn't a bad thing. Besides, everyone likes a new robe mod, and if it's mechanically interesting in addition to good looking? That's even better.

I also like green but not this green and yellow https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Corellian_Jedi?file=Green_jedi.png
I always pretended the Matukai robes could be a precursor to the Corellian robes. There's no signs of anything green on the Matukai wiki, but yet they are in this game like they are.
I've played SWTOR for years. Before that, from what I know, the Green Jedi had fairly common robes like the Mutakai robes, just dark green instead of brown. I do like this look: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Corellian_Jedi?file=CorranHorn-NEGTC2.jpg

But yeah, that's fairly close to the Matukai robes.

As you may know, I also don't do new 3D models. Feel free to throw in any retexturing ideas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Effix said:

As you may know, I also don't do new 3D models. Feel free to throw in any retexturing ideas.

I wouldn't mind making a new 3d model, but I'd need a good piece of concept art to use as reference.

Like I previously stated, I'm not the biggest fan of the robes from SWTOR, and now that I'm more aware of how models work in-game, I realize just how stupid I was for mentioning that. I do agree, Corran definitely has style, but that's mostly because I'm biased as hell and he's one of my favorite characters. I might try and give this a go myself, although I feel I'll need to brush up on how the textures fold on the models. I'll probably just use JC's skeleton since I have the most experience with that.

As for general appearance, using the Matukai robes as a placeholder/proxy is actually a decent idea in vanilla, although I've always figured the Corellian Temple at the latest predates the Exar Kun war, so using them as a precursor is a tad flawed. However, considering the monstrosities that TOR gives us, something a tad more... distinctive might be warranted. I've already determined the RGB values I plan on using for main cloak, (20, 85, 3) which I will refer to as Ottegan Green going forward. I'm not the biggest fan of the mustard yellow used in the TOR robes, but a nice metallic gold would go quite well with them aesthetically, although that would also mean editing appearance.2da. 

As for stats, I've always personally felt that Jedi robes were a tad underpowered in K1, so I'm considering how to balance these robes stat-wise. I feel that a skill bonus of some kind, or perhaps a bonus feat (One of the blaster pistol feats, in all probability, or tiered Gearhead) would go well with them, especially since the Corellian Jedi worked closely with CorSec, and would therefore likely have more "worldly" skills. Maybe throw a repair bonus too, because fixing HK is a hassle if you aren't the right class.

At this point, I'm keeping it on the conceptual level. I do actually have some experience with textures, but not that much. If you've got ideas for how to allocate stats, let me know.

Also, I maaaaay have recolored Effixian's Prototype Knight Breastplate and tweaked the stats for personal use along some of these lines.

• Like 2