Good day. Sorry if not at the address. Found a problem with the eyes in this model when creating the texture. Is it possible to fix this. I do not think this is so conceived.

JINPm_PWPhQ.jpg

A similar story with this model. PFHC04. Plus, something incomprehensible is going on with her teeth.

HOZe1EAjdkM.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dark Hope said:

Found a problem

What's the problem?

8 hours ago, Dark Hope said:

something incomprehensible is going on with her teeth

I can't see anything wrong with the mesh or UVs in the vanilla model.

4 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

What's the problem?

I can't see anything wrong with the mesh or UVs in the vanilla model.

1. The left eye is larger than the right.
2. The right eye is wider than the left, and the teeth are as if a booklet are folded in the opposite direction or overlaps with the tongue.
  How can this not be seen?

7uki78.PNG

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

The teeth use mirrored UVs. The are fine in the vanilla model, so the problem is your texture presumably.

As to the eyes, eh, looks fine to me.

The textures are original. Accordion teeth and crooked eyes are the norm for you. There is no symmetry. Even shine (white spot) is bifurcated in one eye.106960599_-2.png.0783d76d8fd39414eed67f5cb2f33a4c.png

It's a UV problem. If you want to change it you'll have to adjust them so they are properly symmetrical.

As to PFHC04, I was only looking at the teeth meshes earlier, but I see now that the tongue mesh does protrude through the lower teeth mesh. That would need a mesh adjustment to pull it back a bit.

Edit: Here, try these out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are a true magician, optometrist and dentist! It seems to me that she herself is pleased with her operated eyes and inserted teeth. It has become much better. Only hair is darker displayed and a piece above the eye. Forgive me my meticulousness.

HOZe1EAjdkM.jpg

vPW4sCE5gmk.jpg

69QSkWiPUpo.jpg

73ldUiEwtaI.jpg

ESDfDKgPdaw.jpg

In the second model, too, everything became much better with the eyes. Well, there’s such a thing ...

rv5uxE85nwI.jpg

• Haha 1

The PFHB03 one is an easy fix. For some reason the head link flag wasn't enabled.

K1_PFHB03_UV_Fix_v1.1.7z

The problems with PFHC04 are shading errors. Since the original vertex normals get destroyed when decompiled into an ASCII, you have to do a lot of screwing around trying to recreate them. Damn your eyes @bead-v.  I'll have to play around with that tomorrow when I get a chance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

13 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Damn your eyes @bead-v.

🙈

MDLOps might produce different results, but I'm sure you're aware of that.

Yeah, but it's still crap. Just a different kind of crap. Make me a 2020 replacement for Taina's Replacer so I can just sidestep dealing with smoothing/normals altogether and simply inject my UV/vert position changes into the vanilla model.

1 minute ago, DarthParametric said:

Yeah, but it's still crap. Just a different kind of crap. Make me a 2020 replacement for Taina's Replacer so I can just sidestep dealing with smoothing/normals altogether and simply inject my UV/vert position changes into the vanilla model.

I wanna do DAO-style vertex normal exporting/importing, like you suggested once... I also want to completely rewrite mdledit anyway... hopefully I'll have enough time during the summer.

But yeah, until then you're stuck with what we have ... :mellow:

Looking at that, the UVs are uneven, but they are roughly in the right place for the texture. Looks to me like your eye texture is rotated 90 degrees.

K1_PFHB04_Eyes_UV_Fix.7z

PFHC04 on the other hand is something I can't really fix. If someone else wants to take a crack at fixing the smoothing, be my guest:

pfhc04-kotormax.mdl.ascii

Otherwise, you'll have to live with the vanilla model for now. Come back in 6 months after bead-v has done his MDLEdit update THAT HE HAS NOW TOTALLY PUBLICLY COMMITTED TO DO WITH NO CHANCE TO BACK OUT OF IT. *cough*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

You have reduced these eyes, it looks much better. You should publish all the improved models, including Trask. This should see more people. I will look forward to an improved utility. Thank you very much for your attention and the time spent on me.

Sfm3N-i2seQ.jpg

pu2lAWc0_Qs.jpg

• Like 3
  • Light Side Points 1

hey guys, where can i find this retexture for PFHC04 head? it looks greatvPW4sCE5gmk.jpg