Sign in to follow this  
Skurrio

[K1] Modding Sneak Attack to apply on Range

Hi,

I'm working on a balancing Mod right now and I want to make Sneak Attack apply on ranged Attacks without having to enter the 10m Range or hitting a debilitated Target.

To be more precise, I want it to work like the Sneak Attack on Force Jump, so that it only works on Attacks against unsuspecting Targets. If that isn't possible I would like to change it so that it works on stealth Attacks made from beyond the required Range.

So can one modify Sneak Attack in a Way that allows atleast one of these Ideas to work or is it just not possible?

Edited by Skurrio
Clarity

Sneak attacks effects by flanking, Stealth and Force abilities like Stasis field and horror. for example, you can use force ability Horror to stun them and use your guns to cause damage in addition to sneak attacks.

IF you have a good stealth score and a good stealth belt, you can use any weapons to use sneak attack when you attack

34 minutes ago, DeathScepter said:

Sneak attacks effects by flanking, Stealth and Force abilities like Stasis field and horror. for example, you can use force ability Horror to stun them and use your guns to cause damage in addition to sneak attacks.

IF you have a good stealth score and a good stealth belt, you can use any weapons to use sneak attack when you attack

I know how Sneak Attack works. I know that it works on ranged Weapons if the Target is either delibitated or in a 10m Range while you're in Stealth or flanking it.

I want that Sneak Attack works on all ranged Attacks made out of Stealth, not only those within the 10m Range, and/or that it works on Attacks that are made while the Enemy isn't engaged like the Sneak Attack on Force Jump.

• Like 1

The only way modders can change the game's behavior is through scripting. However, I don't see anything related to sneak attack in the script files.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AmanoJyaku said:

The only way modders can change the game's behavior is through scripting. However, I don't see anything related to sneak attack in the script files.

So it wouldn't be possible at all to change how Sneak Attack works or would it just be very hard?

Anything is possible. It just takes someone willing to rewrite the game from scratch...

So, practically impossible.

• Like 1

alrighty then....The Only person has any knowledge of what you are asking is Tamerbill and him and Unknownjedi did a Feats and Content Mod for Kotor 1 and 2.