Sign in to follow this  
nadrino

Any trace of the XBox Freecam in the PC version ?

Hello there :),

Lately I was playing kotor on the original XBox (which I highly recommend if still have the console*), and there is a Freecam that we can unlock by a button combination. I've put an example video I made bellow. The thing is, contrarly to GLIntercept, the camera loads the environement dynamically so it allows to make really beautiful shots. However the resolution of the XBox is pretty low (not mentionning the fact that you need the appropriate hardware to capture with a good quality), and it would be really nice if it was available on PC ! Besides kotor2 have the same free cam but it's glitched out.

So far, no one have seen a hair of this piece of code in the PC version. So I was wondering if any of you had already done the research or I you had any idea how to digg through the files.

* : the gameplay is very different from the PC version, especially with the XBox controller, and you may like it more this way ! ;) 

• Like 1

I just looked in the XBox files to try to catch the string "Punch it, Chewie!". This is what is display in the feedback menu when you typed correcly the button combination. 

Strange thing : no trace of this string in the file "dialog.tlk", where everything is supposed to be stored...

Maybe the freecam is harcoded in the executable.

Yeah I had a look in TSL's Xbox TLK and didn't see it. You'd have to look through the XBE. There's no trace in K1's PC EXE. Although regardless I tried what I assume are the equivalent keystrokes on the feedback screen, to no avail.

Yeah. I tried to decompile the XBE file, but still no "Punch it, Chewie!". However, I could figure out the free cam is there :

Screenshot 2020-04-19 at 15.57.00.png