Sign in to follow this  
Ahsana

Sitting Twilek Placeables K1

Hello,

I was experimenting with the sitting people in Javyar's Cantina and changed one of the sitting swoopgangers to the sitting male twilek. Much to my horror, I discovered the sitting twileks don't have heads. I looked at all the "sitting people" in placeables.2da and noticed that apart from the twileks, they all only use one model for body and head. In placeables.2da, the sitting twileks use their usual body models: N_TwilekM and N_TwilekF. So it seemed the game was displaying just what it's set for - it placed the model in the chair - it's just that this particular model is only of a body.

Then I noticed that there are the L_TwilekM and L_TwilekF models, and the TGA files for those have the head and body in one file (N_Twilek_low_M.tga and N_Twilek_low_F.tga). So I changed the model in placeables.2da to L_TwilekM. in appearance.2da, the entry for that model (Lite_Twilek_Male) still uses the standard model (N_TwilekM) and has a head assigned. So I changed the appearance.2da modela entry to L_TwilekM.

This successfully put an entire male twilek in the chair (see image). But as you might be able to see even though the screencap is of particularly low quality is that these Lite_Twileks look terrible. They are way less detailed than the other sitters.

So, what I'm wondering is, is there a way to actually get the real twileks with both the body and head models sitting in the chairs, or is using L_TwilekM/L_TwilekF the only option?

Thanks!

sad sitting twi.jpg

• Like 1

Sitters need to be a full body model, since for placeables there is no provision to specify a separate head like with parts models in appearance.2da as happens for characters. As there is no regular "high poly" Twi'lek full body model, you'll need to create your own in Max/GMax by merging the appropriate separate head and body models.

Edit: Also, be aware that K1 has a very small row limit for placeables.2da, so it is highly advisable not to add new placeable entries.

• Like 1