Sign in to follow this  
Skurrio

[K1] Custom Item not showing up in Merchants Inventory

What I did:

1. I created a custom Bowcaster, put the File in Override, tested it, it worked. ID: g1_w_bowcstr001

2. I added the normal Bowcaster (g_w_bowcstr001) to the Inventory of all 3 Versions of Suvam. Saved the Files.

3. I used kgff.exe from this Video to change the Bowcasters ID from g_w_bowcstr001 to g1_w_bowcstr001.

4. Moved the suvam01a.utm,  suvam02a.utm and suvam03a.utm to the Override.

5. I loaded my Save where I didn't visited Yavin after getting the third Starmap.

6. Traveled to Yavin, triggered the Cutscene, tried to buy my Bowcaster.

And then the Bowcaster wasn't there. What did I do wrong?

25 minutes ago, Skurrio said:

change the Bowcasters ID from g_w_bowcstr001 to g1_w_bowcstr001.

You don't need to do this. The G vs G1 was merely Bioware's internal reference for differentiating items added in the Yavin DLC. Whatever you call it, the UTI filename (ResRef) should match the TemplateResRef field. Ideally for items you should also keep the Tag the same, although that is primarily for scripting purposes.

32 minutes ago, Skurrio said:

I loaded my Save where I didn't visited Yavin after getting the third Starmap.

This is the real problem. It doesn't matter. All three inventories are added to your save on the very first visit to Yavin. The only way to add it in a later save is either via script, or editing the save.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:
39 minutes ago, Skurrio said:

change the Bowcasters ID from g_w_bowcstr001 to g1_w_bowcstr001.

You don't need to do this. The G vs G1 was merely Bioware's internal reference for differentiating items added in the Yavin DLC. Whatever you call it, the UTI filename (ResRef) should match the TemplateResRef field. Ideally for items you should also keep the Tag the same, although that is primarily for scripting purposes.

I thought that would be the easiest Way since I modified the Values to deal as much Damage per Round as the Baragwin Disrupter and named it Baragwin Bowcaster.

5 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:
39 minutes ago, Skurrio said:

I loaded my Save where I didn't visited Yavin after getting the third Starmap.

This is the real problem. It doesn't matter. All three inventories are added to your save on the very first visit to Yavin. The only way to add it in a later save is either via script, or editing the save.

So I did everything right and I just need to start a new Game when I don't have a Save before my first Visit to Yavin?

You can start a new game if you want, although that's a bit extreme for a simple Bowcaster. If you have a burning need to add it to a store inventory rather than simply directly to your own via KSE, like I said you can either edit the save file or use a script to add it.

I wanted to start a new Game anyway. I just kept the old Save to test my own Mods, so if you say that it should work with a new Game I will trust you.

Just now, Stormie97 said:

I had the same problem a while ago on TSL

DP wrote a script there that basically does what you need, I guess you should be able to repurpose it for your own needs.

Thank you, but since I just started modding I don't want to overdo it. If it works when I start a new Game I'm more than happy.