Sign in to follow this  
SovereignXII

Kotor 1 broken cutscenes?

On my recent run of Kotor 1 I noticed that the cutscenes for destroying the machinery at the underwater research base on Manaan didn't play. Then at the end when doing the Darkside path, the final cutscene 'The Infinite Fleet' was extremely quiet, after which the credits took place in a tiny window in the corner and my character was standing there on the Unknown Planet idling...

Anyone know what's up with this and how to fix it if possible? 

5 hours ago, SovereignXII said:

On my recent run of Kotor 1 I noticed that the cutscenes for destroying the machinery at the underwater research base on Manaan didn't play.

It's a common problem when selecting the option in the terminal that you accidentally cancel the cinematic. I tried to fix this in K1CP but didn't have much luck.

5 hours ago, SovereignXII said:

Then at the end when doing the Darkside path, the final cutscene 'The Infinite Fleet' was extremely quiet, after which the credits took place in a tiny window in the corner and my character was standing there on the Unknown Planet idling...

The DS credits is a known issue due to it being hard-coded in the exe. When you use a widescreen hack, it doesn't apply to the DS credits because Bioware used an extremely clunky brute force hack to get them to play immediately after the pre-rendered fleet cutscene. A solution would require an exe hack, so unless @ndix UR wants to tackle it you'll probably just have to live with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

It's a common problem when selecting the option in the terminal that you accidentally cancel the cinematic. I tried to fix this in K1CP but didn't have much luck.

The DS credits is a known issue due to it being hard-coded in the exe. When you use a widescreen hack, it doesn't apply to the DS credits because Bioware used an extremely clunky brute force hack to get them to play immediately after the pre-rendered fleet cutscene. A solution would require an exe hack, so unless @ndix UR wants to tackle it you'll probably just have to live with it.

That's good to know, I'm just glad it's not something only happening to me. If indix UR does tackle it then that'd be great. But at least knowing what causes it is enough of a relief. 

13 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Mods?

Apparently it's the widescreen mod, but I can live with it in that case.