Sign in to follow this  
JediArchivist

Mira's clothes for K1 Bastila

Can someone please help me make a mod that takes Mira's clothes from K2 and ports them to K1, and replace Bastila's default clothes with Mira's? I know something like this has already been made for Mission Vao...

I have tried porting Mira's entire model from K2 to K1 and replace Bastila's default model with it using a tutorial from this site, but got it glitched, resulting in the head being semi-transparent and brown, and the clothes having an odd brown-orange texture instead of their intended look!

Please help me out with this...I am very thankful and have a lot of gratitude for whoever can lend me a helping hand!

@Effix

I know this is too much to ask, you have already helped me a lot, but when / if you got the time, can you also help me with getting the attached Twin Suns outfit made into a wearable custom armour for the female characters in KOTOR I ? I have tried but so much only got some glitched results (maybe because the file is from a KOTOR II mod?)...

Many Thanks in advance and sorry to bug you with this!

N_PCB01.tga

58 minutes ago, JediArchivist said:

@Effix

I know this is too much to ask, You have already helped me a lot, but when / if You got the time, can You also help me with getting the attached Twin Suns outfit made into a wearable custom armour for the female characters in KOTOR I ? I have tried but so much only got some glitched results (maybe because the file is from a KOTOR II mod?)...

Many Thanks in advance and sorry to bug You with this!

N_PCB01.tga 1 MB · 0 downloads

Using textures in the other game (K1 <-> K2) should be fine and the model (n_twilekf.mdl) is already in the games so that's doesn't need to be converted.

However, this request is far less straight forward than your previous one. You can't really have a new custom armor use a new model without replacing an existing model, because an item file does not point to a 3D model, it points to a column in appearance.2da which lists the model and adding a column is not a thing. The item file can point to a new unique texture, though. So a new item with a new texture that uses an existing 3D model is fairly easy.
That's a bit technical, but for example you replace the 3D model of the robes (there's only one model for all of them) then you have to make new textures for all the robe variations.
Replacing the underwear or clothing should be the easiest. Underwear isn't an item type so you wouldn't be able to create a new item that uses item type "underwear" with a new texture and/or stats. I think you should be able to if you replace the default clothing.

• Thanks 1

On 25 februarie 2020 at 5:23 PM, Effix said:

Using textures in the other game (K1 <-> K2) should be fine and the model (n_twilekf.mdl) is already in the games so that's doesn't need to be converted.

However, this request is far less straight forward than your previous one. You can't really have a new custom armor use a new model without replacing an existing model, because an item file does not point to a 3D model, it points to a column in appearance.2da which lists the model and adding a column is not a thing. The item file can point to a new unique texture, though. So a new item with a new texture that uses an existing 3D model is fairly easy.
That's a bit technical, but for example you replace the 3D model of the robes (there's only one model for all of them) then you have to make new textures for all the robe variations.
Replacing the underwear or clothing should be the easiest. Underwear isn't an item type so you wouldn't be able to create a new item that uses item type "underwear" with a new texture and/or stats. I think you should be able to if you replace the default clothing.

Thank You for the great tips!

I decided to replace the default jedi robe for females texture, so I renamed the texture file to PFBI01.tga and dropped it into the Override folder.

The new texture loads in the game, but it appears glitched, as can be seen in the attached screenshots:

image.thumb.jpeg.7b8564275c62ef2c9905c385cc38c102.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.13415b0006becf87ca3054506e075a22.jpeg

I have no idea why this occured, I have not tampered with the texture in any way...maybe the texture should be rotated / flipped somehow as it comes from a KOTOR II mod? I don't know...

This texture is made for the Twi'lek model, it will never work with the robe model.

I adapted my underwear mod to K1, this is the correct model:

3JptEOH.jpg

• Like 2

On 26 februarie 2020 at 5:06 PM, Effix said:

This texture is made for the Twi'lek model, it will never work with the robe model.

I adapted my underwear mod to K1, this is the correct model

Thank you for the insight! So if I replace the default female underwear texture it should work the way I want it to?

Do you happen to know the texture filename for the default female underwear (just like PFBI01 is the default texture filename for the default female Jedi robes)? Then I should be able to just rename the texture and drop it into Override and that should do it... I would much appreciate it if you could tell me that texture filename, many thanks in advance!

This is how the texture should look:

image.jpeg.ab8205941e8b1f0657137e68af8e0f68.jpeg

See the attachment below.

Texture replacement instructions:
(There's 3 of each because the different classes have different textures in vanilla)

Caucasian: pfbal01.tga, pfbam01.tga, pfbas01.tga
Asian: pfbalA01.tga, pfbamA01.tga, pfbasA01.tga
Black: pfbalB01.tga, pfbamB01.tga, pfbasB01.tga
Dark side: pfbald01.tga, pfbamd01.tga, pfbasd01.tga

Effixians_Female_Underwear_Alternative_K1.zip

• Thanks 2

Thank you very much! You have been of great help! Great mod by the way!

After a bit of tinkering with your files and adding the texture file I wanted, I managed to make it work the way I intended.

I also managed to come up with this mod for Bastila that gives her a Twin Suns look, it is fully compatible with your Mira outfit for Bastila mod, all you have to do is unequip her clothes and it acts like an underwear.

If you like it you could also publish it here on Deadlystream in the Downloads section. ;)

Twin Suns outfit for Bastila.rar

• Like 1

:) My mod that I posted includes Bastila too. I originally tweaked the textures (made for K2) to not be the same as the Twin Suns, but thanks.

• Like 1

@Effix

Sorry for asking, but could you also port Mira's head to KOTOR 1 and make it replace Bastila's default head?

I intend to use this to record the male PC and Bastila kissing animation (added by the Bastila Romance Enhancement mod) and have it play as a movie for my KOTOR II Mira Romance mod!

Many thanks in advance!

• Thanks 1

You need to use this one for K2:

The 2 games use a different type of 3D model, so only pure reskin mods might work in both games.

Mira uses the general Caucasian texture pfbamc01.tga, you would need to change some values in appearance.2da to make her use a unique personal texture variation.

• Thanks 1

I cannot thank you enough, you have been of most great help to me!

I'll tinker with the mod files to see of I can get the intended result...

Many thanks and have a great weekend!

UPDATE: Thanks to Your help, I managed to make this mod that gives Mira the Twin Suns outfit! As with the Bastila mod, clothes and armours / robes should be unequipped for the mod to take efffect (the texture replaces the default underwear).

[K2] Twin Suns Outfit for Mira.rar

• Like 1

@Effix

Hello, I want to officially ask your permission to use the "pfbam.mdl" and "pfbam.mdx" files from your mod "Effixian's Alternative Female Underwear 2019" for my "Mira Romance mod v2.0" project!

I plan to include this alternate outfit for Mira in my mod:

[K2] Twin Suns Outfit for Mira.rar

I will give proper credit in the mod's readme file as well as in the downloads file description here and on ModDB!

I would be very happy to have your permission to use the files.

Many thanks and Kindest Regards! Have a great weekend and a nice day!

On 9 martie 2020 at 12:50 AM, Effix said:

Of course, you have my blessing :)

Thank you very much! I am most grateful for all your help and support!

Without your great help, I wouldn't have been able to develop my mod!

I wish you a great week, and kindest regards!