Alvar007

MOD:Custom Selkath Animation

Custom Selkath Animation

Custom Selkath Animation

By Alvar007

This is my first mod release, so I hope I'm doing everything all right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DESCRIPTION: This mod adds a new entirely custom animation made by me to the TALK_FORCEFUL unused slot of the Selkath model. This will allow the Selkath to play an "angry talk" animation whenever it's called in their dialogues which is a bunch of times.

INSTALLATION: Just run the .exe that comes with this download and select the game's installation main folder (NOT override).

COMPATIBILITY: This mod should be compatible with any mod that doesn't alter the Selkath model and/or appearance in any way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/21/2020
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No

• Like 4

Congratulations on the mod release!

Those selkath look quite funny in that animation, but I had never thought of the Selkath as lacking the "Angry talk" animation, good catch.

• Like 1

Greetings, mod's author - congrats with the release! :cheers:

I hope you don't mind me giving you a feedback or two. So, in the installation setup you were using --

[appearance.2da]
ChangeRow0=modtyp

[modtyp]
RowLabel=40
modeltype=F

That's OK, but the mod will only worked with Alien_Selkath_01 which is in RowLabel=40 while there are three variants [four, w/ Lite_Selkath_01 for whom using K1CP I'd gather] overall.

Therefore, you may want to replace those with --

[appearance.2da]
ChangeRow0=appearance_mod_alien_selkath_01_0
ChangeRow1=appearance_mod_alien_selkath_02_0
ChangeRow2=appearance_mod_alien_selkath_03_0

[appearance_mod_alien_selkath_01_0]
RowIndex=40
modeltype=F
[appearance_mod_alien_selkath_02_0]
RowIndex=259
modeltype=F
[appearance_mod_alien_selkath_03_0]
RowIndex=260
modeltype=F

To have that result you may want to use ChangeEdit's Compare feature which button looking like -- ChangeEdit_Compare.JPG.1aa452aec3c3b12d16e8ff463de1e115.JPG

Also, you may want to take account of K1CP's user with your setup [and for those who don't it'll do no harm - benefits, even] by adding this following the above --

[appearance.2da]
ChangeRow3=appearance_mod_lite_selkath_01_0

[appearance_mod_lite_selkath_01_0]
RowIndex=323
race=N_Selkath
walkdist=1.7
rundist=5.4
driveanimwalk=1.7
driveanimrun=5.4
racetex=****
modeltype=F

Then, you will have your INI setup pretty much like --

Spoiler

[appearance.2da]
ChangeRow0=appearance_mod_alien_selkath_01_0
ChangeRow1=appearance_mod_alien_selkath_02_0
ChangeRow2=appearance_mod_alien_selkath_03_0
ChangeRow3=appearance_mod_lite_selkath_01_0

[appearance_mod_alien_selkath_01_0]
RowIndex=40
modeltype=F
[appearance_mod_alien_selkath_02_0]
RowIndex=259
modeltype=F
[appearance_mod_alien_selkath_03_0]
RowIndex=260
modeltype=F
[appearance_mod_lite_selkath_01_0]
RowIndex=323
race=N_Selkath
walkdist=1.7
rundist=5.4
driveanimwalk=1.7
driveanimrun=5.4
racetex=****
modeltype=F

And there you can update the INI of this awesome mod to be -humbly speaking- working optimally. I hope I did everything right there, as I wrote this after staying up all night, lol!

Much thanks for considering, and may the Force serve you well!

• Like 4

Thanks for your input ebmar. I am not familiar at all with K1CP but I guess I can release an update with those changes you are saying.

• Like 1

Congratulations, Alvar007!

I will be soon installing and testing thoroughly this after making the necessary amendments to the installation setup.

Thanks for this and for the drinking animation too!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Alvar007 i congratulate you on the mod premiere, thank you for your fantastic work and thank you for the fact that thanks to you K1 is getting better and more interesting!

• Like 1

Congrats to your awesome work Alvar007!  Hope there are much more to come yet😀 those custom animations greatly enhance the immersion factor so badly needed when comparing to todays standards.

• Like 1

@Alvar007

I ran into this issue after installing this mod (among others). Every Selkath T-pose when I first encounter them, after selecting them or attempting to speak with them they regain normality and act like normal idle NPCs.

It may be another mod that causes this issue, but I don't know of any other mod that affects the appearance.2da row for the Selkath. 

Edit: I did not install K1CP so that could not be the cause of the issue.

20200323230621_1.jpg

8 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

@jc2 Try editing appearance.2da and changing the 2nd and 3rd Selkath rows (259, 260) to the F modeltype, as per @ebmar's suggestion above.

I thought I did, but I was very tired. So double checked and realized I had not, once I did following @ebmar conclusion and your advice, the Selkath no longer T-pose.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1