StellarExile

Various Model Fixes

Hi all.

I've come across a few model issues within the first KOTOR. I've noticed them in Trask, Zaalbar, and one of the player heads. As for Zaalbar, I'm not sure f you can see, but he has some sort texture inconsistency on his rear. As for the others, the head and Trask have some sort of weird triangle in the corner of their eyes. Is it possible for anyone to resolve these? 

Trask_ulgo.jpg

IMG_0314.png

0acr0llj6nn31.png

The two heads are both shading issues. It's a common problem with a number of head models, usually down to the fact that there are UV seams in those areas and thus the mesh is split along those seams, causing hard shaded edges. Attempts to fix the issue are often mixed. A lot depends on the specifics of the particular head model.

I'm not really clear on what you are referring to with Zaalbar. His texture is garbage, but aside from that it looks about on par.

Edit: Here's a smoothed out Trask:

8iwWujS.jpg

Although he has a bigger problem, namely that his eyelid meshes clip pretty badly. That's probably more effort to fix.

Edit 2: I tried a kind of simplistic fix. Turned off the render flags for the original eyelash trimeshes and weighted the upper edges of the eyesockets to the lash bones without creating any actual new eyelash geometry. It doesn't look as bad as I was expecting, but try it out and see what you think. Extract the attached into your Override folder.

Trask_Head_Smoothing_and_Eyelids_Fix.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2020 at 4:16 PM, DarthParametric said:

The two heads are both shading issues. It's a common problem with a number of head models, usually down to the fact that there are UV seams in those areas and thus the mesh is split along those seams, causing hard shaded edges. Attempts to fix the issue are often mixed. A lot depends on the specifics of the particular head model.

I'm not really clear on what you are referring to with Zaalbar. His texture is garbage, but aside from that it looks about on par.

Edit: Here's a smoothed out Trask:

8iwWujS.jpg

Although he has a bigger problem, namely that his eyelid meshes clip pretty badly. That's probably more effort to fix.

Edit 2: I tried a kind of simplistic fix. Turned off the render flags for the original eyelash trimeshes and weighted the upper edges of the eyesockets to the lash bones without creating any actual new eyelash geometry. It doesn't look as bad as I was expecting, but try it out and see what you think. Extract the attached into your Override folder.

Trask_Head_Smoothing_and_Eyelids_Fix.zip 51.48 kB · 10 downloads

Darth Parametric, good afternoon. I ask for your permission to place the edited models together with textures in the archive.KotOR0000.thumb.jpg.af719952799a2b81379287f207342537.jpg