Sign in to follow this  
Puesta

Alignment Bonuses

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before but I did look a few times so please don't come down too hard on me.

How might one modify the bonuses from alignment mastery via KotOR tool? Like the +3 STR/CON/WIS for light side. Can we make them to be anything? 

As a general discussion point, I'd be interested in hearing what people thought of these bonuses. I feel the Guardian bonuses are in a good place, but the constitution and poison immunity bonuses for Sentinel feel worthless (already a pretty weak class in KotOR I), as well as the force points boost for dark side mastery on Consulars.

4 hours ago, Puesta said:

How might one modify the bonuses from alignment mastery via KotOR tool? Like the +3 STR/CON/WIS for light side. Can we make them to be anything?

I looked through the save files and can't find my alignment bonus in the stats. I can't find my Wisdom bonus from T3 in KOTOR II, either. So, I think it's hard-coded. My guess is the bonus is recalculated from global variables each time you load a module, as I've seen a few stats do this.

4 hours ago, Puesta said:

As a general discussion point, I'd be interested in hearing what people thought of these bonuses. I feel the Guardian bonuses are in a good place, but the constitution and poison immunity bonuses for Sentinel feel worthless (already a pretty weak class in KotOR I), as well as the force points boost for dark side mastery on Consulars.

The game isn't challenging even without the bonuses. That being said, the Poison Immunity bonus is OK. IIRC, it can prevent Plague which weakens you. Of course, I never let my enemies live long enough to cast it...

1 hour ago, AmanoJyaku said:

The game isn't challenging even without the bonuses.

You're not wrong, but that's not why I asked. I guess it depends on your views regarding light/dark side stuff, but in general it should feel worthwhile to max something out, and +3 constitution doesn't cut it compared to the others IMO. Though I suppose an unassuming player wouldn't know about it ahead of time. I agree on the poison immunity, I hadn't been thinking about plague. 

On 1/29/2020 at 9:09 PM, Puesta said:

You're not wrong, but that's not why I asked. I guess it depends on your views regarding light/dark side stuff, but in general it should feel worthwhile to max something out, and +3 constitution doesn't cut it compared to the others IMO. Though I suppose an unassuming player wouldn't know about it ahead of time. I agree on the poison immunity, I hadn't been thinking about plague. 

I'm in agreement, and I'm hoping I'm wrong about the bonuses being hard-coded. It would help with a mod I have in mind...

Still, a thread on another forum gives a good reason why bonuses are problematic: what if you want to be grey? There's nothing for you. Even the personal crystal in KOTOR2 is crappy for grey Jedi. And this is important, given that the game is all about challenging the notion of light/dark.

• Like 1