Sign in to follow this  
Puesta

Weapon "Balanced property"

Hello,

I am just beginning to create my first mod for KotOR (a little late, I realize), which is focused on fixing what I consider to be balance issues with the first game. I would like to remove the balanced property from SOME two-handed weapons, or all if it's not possible to distinguish. I have been poking around KotOR tool for about 2 weeks now and have thoroughly explored baseitems.2da, but I can't seem to crack it. Does anybody have the answer?

That would be the weaponsize. I don't know if there's a way to do what you want, though, because 2 and 3 are used to distinguish balanced/not balanced single-bladed weapons, but all double-bladed weapons are set to 4.

• Sad 1

Thanks for the response!
Yeah, I've tried changing this and it seems to have no effect. However, when I changed this property for a heavy blaster to 3, it seemed to remove the balanced bonus ONLY when equipped in the MAIN hand... whereas if I used a standard Blaster Pistol in the main hand and a Heavy Blaster Pistol in the offhand, I still benefited from the balanced property. Very interesting. Is there anywhere else these weapons might be drawing attributes from? For example, I don't see anything related to the DC of a Stun baton.

@JCarter426 Further experimentation reveals a lot is determined by the WeaponWield column value - more than just how the weapon is held. With all other columns being the same as a Long Sword, the Double-bladed Sword is still unchanged. However, changing the WeaponWield column causes it to behave exactly the same as a Long Sword - becoming one-handed, losing its balance property, and of course changing how the character holds it. At this point I can give it "balanced' by changing the WeaponSize column, but I'm thinking there is some sort of default for things that take up a mainhand and an offhand. For instance I can change weaponwield of a repeating blaster and it will gain the balanced property twice over...

7 hours ago, Puesta said:

Is there anywhere else these weapons might be drawing attributes from? For example, I don't see anything related to the DC of a Stun baton.

That sort of thing is specific to the UTI, but more general properties like the base damage, critical threat, and whether it's balanced are strictly determined by baseitems.2da.