mackmitchell94

Problem with Cloaked Jedi Journeyman mod

So I downloaded Stormies mod and was really enjoying it with no problems whatsoever, until I trained Bao-Dur. When I entered the cutscene, a duplicate of my character showed up and won't go away no matter how many times I reload. Stormie mentions that there's trouble with training Bao using this mod and included a fix for it in the download which I used, so I didn't expect anything to go wrong. Is there anyway I can delete this clone from showing up? Any help is greatly appreciated.

That would be my fault, since I was that one that modified the training script to accommodate @Stormie97's robes. The issue is that the mod changes the default fake PC that is used for two custom ones (male and female), and, naturally, there is no provision to properly destroy those once they have fulfilled their purpose. An unfortunate oversight on my part. As luck would have it, the script that controls destroying the fake PC can't be decompiled, so resolving that will take a different approach. I've suggested a fix to Stormie to resolve the problem for future users. But fixing that wouldn't help in your case regardless, since the scene has already been completed. As a temporary measure, try extracting the attached into your Override folder and loading a save in the Hawk (or re-entering it from outside).

Stormie_Robes_Fake_PC_Temp_Fix.zip

• Like 2

On 1/12/2020 at 2:44 AM, DarthParametric said:

That would be my fault, since I was that one that modified the training script to accommodate @Stormie97's robes. The issue is that the mod changes the default fake PC that is used for two custom ones (male and female), and, naturally, there is no provision to properly destroy those once they have fulfilled their purpose. An unfortunate oversight on my part. As luck would have it, the script that controls destroying the fake PC can't be decompiled, so resolving that will take a different approach. I've suggested a fix to Stormie to resolve the problem for future users. But fixing that wouldn't help in your case regardless, since the scene has already been completed. As a temporary measure, try extracting the attached into your Override folder and loading a save in the Hawk (or re-entering it from outside).

Stormie_Robes_Fake_PC_Temp_Fix.zip 11.16 kB · 2 downloads

I downloaded and the duplicate is gone now thank you very much!! However I'm having other problems which I hope you can help me with. I'm trying to do the HK factory quest but never got it activated because apparently you have to talk with HK right after rebuilding him in order to do so. However I tried activating it with KSE (which should work). The quest shows up and tells me I have to defeat 3 teams of HKs in order for HK47 to find the factory, I defeated them but the quest doesn't update, so I updated it myself through KSE to where it now says I've fought the three groups and to go talk to HK47, but when I talk to him, no additional dialogue shows up. Any ideas? Also I'm on Korriban now, and there's this weird graphical glitch. Your help is greatly appreciated !!

Star Wars_ Knights of the Old Republic II_ The Sith Lords 1_13_2020 1_53_18 PM.png

Star Wars_ Knights of the Old Republic II_ The Sith Lords 1_13_2020 1_48_50 PM.png

Star Wars_ Knights of the Old Republic II_ The Sith Lords 1_13_2020 1_50_22 PM.png

Hi @mackmitchell94

I don't know your Playthrough but, beside be needed defeat the HK teams, the secret HK factory starts automatically after the last encounter with Atris in the Telos Academy, where you go (automatically) only after see the Jedi Council in Dantooine ...which means that you've found already all the Jedi Masters.

I can't recall exactly the terms but after defeat the HK teams, talking with HK-47 about go (or find) the secret factory, shows up a dialog line saying something like you cannot go now and will start later on.

What I don't know is that modifing the quests via KSE you can be ruined your game.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Obi Wan Pere said:

Hi @mackmitchell94

I don't know your Playthrough but, beside be needed defeat the HK teams, the secret HK factory starts automatically after the last encounter with Atris in the Telos Academy, where you go (automatically) only after see the Jedi Council in Dantooine ...which means that you've found already all the Jedi Masters.

I can't recall exactly the terms but after defeat the HK teams, talking with HK-47 about go (or find) the secret factory, shows up a dialog line saying something like you cannot go now and will start later on.

What I don't know is that modifing the quests via KSE you can be ruined your game.

The reason I had to activate the quest on KSE is because in order to activate it in the game you have to ask HK about the HK50s right after you initially activate him. I didn't so the quest never activated for me and I've never done this quest in any of my playthroughs so it's my first time. The problem is the quest seems to have not actually activated at all, it's just in my journal, It only updates when I do it via KSE. When I first activated it, the quest said I had to defeat 3 teams of HKS and then talk with HK47, I defeated three teams but when I viewed the quest it still said defeat 3 teams ? So I was wondering if this was a problem with KSE since the quests activated through it are supposed to work. Anyways I don't know what could be causing this graphical error on Korriban.

I think that you can talk with HK-47 about the HK-50 at anytime.

I don't want be wrong but I think the sequence is (keep it in mind if you have modified something with KSE and keep in mind that the valours change according the sequences):
1- Reactivate HK-47 and talk him about the source of the HK-50. You'd already must have a device -I don't remember the exact name- that HK-47 can recognize and track but you need defeat three HK teams before he can do it (I think that is here when the quest is started/updated).
2- Defeat three HK-50 teams (quest updated).
3- Talk with HK-47 again (in some of that dialog options is when shows up the dialog saying you can't go there now). I'm not sure if the quest is updated here.

Even if all be OK you will not know nothing else about the secret factory until ...you will be there. If after the second visit to Telos Academy you don't start automatically the Secret Factory with HK-47 as your PC the game, at least the secret factory, is broken.

This kind of glitches are over my capacity. If is not due some other MOD that you can identify try with different combinations of the video options. Sorry for not be more helpfull about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Obi Wan Pere said:

You'd already must have a device -I don't remember the exact name- that HK-47 can recognize and track

It's the sonic imprint sensor from Peragus. And, you don't need to have it in your inventory. Instructions (with spoilers) can be found here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/208580/discussions/0/350542145693737069/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AmanoJyaku said:

It's the sonic imprint sensor from Peragus. And, you don't need to have it in your inventory.

The motherboard linked to my brain needs expand the RAM and I'd need more storage capacity...

I forgot mention another thing :X:innocent:. At some time after defeat the 3rd HK team, (re)entering at the Ebon Hawk you must see a cutscene showing HK-47 torturing one HK-50 -to confess the location of the secret factory. That is the best clue for to know that the MOD is working and you'll get the factory later on.

• Thanks 1