Sign in to follow this  
Talyn82

Both KOTOR games freeze then crash PC.

I've been having a problem for a couple of months now.  I am replaying both K1 and K2 with TSLRCM to do research for my mod.  But once both games reach a certain point they freeze then crash to desktop.  Originally the problem first started with k2 on G0T0's Yacht.  I would uninstall then reinstall and it would crash on Onderon.  Again I would uninstall and reinstall and this time it would crash when entering the Shyrack caves on Korriban.  

So I stopped playing and restarted K1 since I am doing the Revan portion of my mod.  The game usually freezes then crashes when on the plains of Dantooine.  I own both games for both Steam and GOG and they both have the same result.  I usually play old games from GOG like Morrowind, Fallout 2, and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.  But I have no problem with those games.  Only with the two KOTOR games.  I have installed K2 only with the TSLRCM mod and it still freezes and crashes.

Anyway this is severely hindering the progress on my mod, and I don't know what to do.  I forgot to mention I have the crappy Windows 10, and when I played both games on Windows XP, Win 7, and Win 8.1 they worked flawlessly.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

P.S.  Months ago when the problem first occurred for K2 I posted it on the TSLRCM issues thread, and only Sith Holocron was kind enough to reply.  So I guess this is a problem unique to me?