Skeet1983

[K1] Widescreen Help Requested

Hi guys. I am trying to get Steam version of Kotor 1 to run in 1920*1080 widescreen. I went to WSGF site and downloaded UniWS and required files. UniWS said patch was successful, but game still runs in a small window. In game options, custom 1920*1080 res does not show up as selectable. I even tried changing the "height" and "width" in the Kotor 1 ini file. How should I proceed? Any help greatly appreciated  :)

I'll just leave this here - taken from the KotOR Subreddit Mod Builds . . .

If you want support for widescreen resolutions above 1280x1024, it's highly recommended that you follow the instructions presented in the following video. By using

UniWS, you also avoid many of the issues caused by FlawlessWidescreen, including savegame corruption:

KOTOR Widescreen Patch

Please ensure your desktop scaling is set to 100%--not higher, not lower--to ensure that the widescreen functionality displays properly in-game.

5 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

I'll just leave this here - taken from the KotOR Subreddit Mod Builds . . .

If you want support for widescreen resolutions above 1280x1024, it's highly recommended that you follow the instructions presented in the following video. By using

UniWS, you also avoid many of the issues caused by FlawlessWidescreen, including savegame corruption:

KOTOR Widescreen Patch

Please ensure your desktop scaling is set to 100%--not higher, not lower--to ensure that the widescreen functionality displays properly in-game.

I did use UniWS. I was able to get game fullscreen with that, and also setting refresh rate in Kotor ini to 144. In fullscreen, the movement bug is present. If I lower refresh rate in Kotor ini to lets say 60, it makes game run in a small window.

I just now commented on video. I have been trying to get game to be in widescreen, and also avoid the combat movement bug. My laptop has a 144hz display. I think the video said to select a resolution in the swconfig, but there is nothing to select. Also in-game, the resolution options window is empty. Anyone know a fix? Help greatly appreciated :)