Sign in to follow this  
AmanoJyaku

XP questions

StrategyWiki has a nice chart of XP gained for killing enemies in KOTOR1. Is there a chart anywhere for KOTOR2? Even a formula is fine.

Additionally, does anyone know of a way to alter creature details like level, attributes, etc... after a creature has spawned? Since most enemies are spawned when you enter a module, you get less experience per kill each time you reach an XP-level threshold. I could use triggers and/or encounters to spawn new enemies to reflect any levels gained after entering, but I would rather just fire a script.

Something like:

object oMe = GetFirstPC();
int iXP = GetXP(oMe);
int iCR = RecalculateLevel(OBJECT_SELF, iXP);
SetChallengeRating(OBJECT_SELF, iCR);

Where OBJECT_SELF is the enemy creature.

All I know so far is that it does not work the same way in the second game as it did in the first, and multiplier set seems to affect experience received (different for two enemies with Challenge Rating 5 but Set 1 and 4), which suggests the crmod column of autobalance.2da has some effect. Experience received doesn't necessarily change with each level increase, although for three test subjects in sets 1-3 it increased from 100 XP at level 1 until it was always 300 XP beyond a certain point, and for two in sets 4-5 it increased and then decreased until it was always 300 XP beyond a certain point:

• Set 1: Level 33 and onward (Challenge Rating 5)
  • Set 2: Level 32 and onward (Challenge Rating 1)
  • Set 3: Level 27 and onward (Challenge Rating 16)
  • Set 4: Level 31 and onward (Challenge Rating 5), minimum 150 XP at level 1 and maximum 450 XP at levels 27-29
  • Set 5: Level 31 and onward (Challenge Rating 20), minimum 250 XP at level 1 and maximum 675 XP at levels 15-26
  • Like 1