Sign in to follow this  
mackmitchell94

Help Uninstalling Male clothing mod for TSL

Hey guys, I don't exactly know where to post this but a while back I downloaded this mod https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic-ii/file/male-clothing-1 . It changes the default clothing for Male characters in TSL, I usually read all the read me's for mods I download but didn't read on this particular one, I regret it. Basically this mod bugs out commoners appearance and also the refugees on Nar Shadaa are bugged. This mod isn't a simple uninstall since it edits the appearance.2da files. In the read me, the author stated that this happened with those character models and how there's a way to fix it with the Kotor tool mod, but I couldn't really understand the process he was describing.  If any of y'all would like to help, I just want to uninstall this mod. Thanks for reading 

I have the same problem

1 hour ago, mackmitchell94 said:

Привет, ребята, я точно не знаю, где опубликовать это, но некоторое время назад я скачал этот мод  https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic-ii/file/male-clothing -1 . Он меняет одежду по умолчанию для мужских персонажей в TSL, я обычно читаю все прочитанные мной моды, которые я загружаю, но не читал об этом конкретном, я сожалею об этом. В основном этот мод искажает внешний вид простых людей, а также беженцев на Нар Шадаа. Этот мод не просто удалить, так как он редактирует файлы. В статье «Прочитайте меня» автор заявил, что это произошло с этими моделями персонажей и как это можно исправить с помощью мода инструмента Kotor, но я не мог понять процесс, который он описывал. Если кто-то из вас захочет помочь, я просто хочу удалить этот мод. 

You should open the archive with the mod, look at the names of those files that you inserted in override, and delete them from the game folder

Edited by Lenebik

The patcher should have created a backup folder in the place where the patcher was launched, with an appearance.2da file from the time before you installed the mod.
I can imagine that that might not do the trick, if you've applied other mods after that or if you cleaned up that install folder, is that the case?

Next to those changes to appearance.2da you have to remove from override:
n_commm.mdl
n_commm.mdx
n_commmD01.tga
N_CommMR01.tga
N_CommMS01.tga

If you don't have a backup and you know a bit about working with KotOR Tool then you open your current appearance.2da, all the rows with label starting with "P_MAL_" should have "N_CommM" in the "texb" column.