N-DReW25

Modifying all ready existing TLK entries [TSL]

So what I have done is modified how a certain side quest works, everything in-game relating to the quest works exactly to how I intend it to work. The problem is that the vanilla journal entries for this quest now no longer make sense due to my edits, what I want to do is make a TSLPatcher installation to modify the tlk lines for these journals. From past threads, I got a gut feeling one does not simply "modify already existing TLK lines" and that I must use an alternate method to do what I need to do.

That being said, would anyone know how I should go about doing this correctly?

Read the readme, young Padawan. TSLPatcher can't edit existing TLK StrRefs, only append new ones. While there may be alternatives in the future, currently your only practical option is to modify the TLK directly and do a hard overwrite.

21 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Read the readme, young Padawan. TSLPatcher can't edit existing TLK StrRefs, only append new ones. While there may be alternatives in the future, currently your only practical option is to modify the TLK directly and do a hard overwrite.

Hypothetically speaking, I could write my new journal entries as new TLK entries and modify the global.jrl to point to my new journals instead of the vanilla journals. Would that work? Or am I stuck with hard overwrite?

Sure, you can append new ones and edit any relevant entries to point to them instead. Might be more work. And depending on what, specifically, you are editing, it might actually be less compatible than the hard TLK overwrite.