Mamita

What are some good mods for TSL?

As the title says.

I'm going to start another playthrough of TSL and I need some good mods for a dark-side run.

I'm aiming for mods that add story and content or alternatively just plain fun, like Curse of the Sith, Korriban Expansion and Tomb of Azgath D'nul. Perhaps anything that adds more force powers. I also want to include TSLRCM in this list if it's at all possible.

I'm also aware that a lot of TSL mods don't tend to play nicely with each other, 

so if you guys have any suggestions on patches I should get or special installation orders, please fill me in!

Thank you!

Edited by Mamita

On 12/5/2019 at 11:16 PM, Obi Wan Pere said:

Hi @Mamita

I invite you to visit this thread. It's based in my last Playthrough. Although it's the Light Side line maybe it can help you

@Obi Wan Pere, I'm not sure that your thread would actually be helpful as you were constantly having to rearrange mods through your play-through.  That's . . . not ideal for most players.

Have you considered M4-78 Enhancement Project?  If that mod sounds interesting, you might want to check out this blog for graphical improvement mod suggestions.)  If you do decide to use this mod, send me a PM as I'd love to get your feedback on this mod.

Or perhaps deathdisco's Coruscant: Jedi Temple?  If that mod sounds interesting, you might want to check out this Coruscant skybox mod to increase your immersion. And this mod provides superior loading screens to not only Coruscant and M4-78 EP but all of the added content mods (excepting TSLRCM) that you mentioned in your original post. (That suggestion is merely my own humble opinion.)

@Mamita, what might help is listing of all of the added content mods you already have in your list so far.  (Include TSLRCM on that list.) Then folks can make recommendations on additions to that list. 

Also what version of TSL are you using?  The original 4 CDs, Steam, GOG or the KotOR Collection DVD?

If folks do have a recommendation to list below, please list the install order of all of the mods that Mamita lists with that recommendation keeping the TSL version that Mamita lists in mind.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 9:01 AM, Mamita said:

As the title says.

I'm going to start another playthrough of TSL and I need some good mods for a dark-side run.

I'm aiming for mods that add story and content or alternatively just plain fun, like Curse of the Sith, Korriban Expansion and Tomb of Azgath D'nul. Perhaps anything that adds more force powers. I also want to include TSLRCM in this list if it's at all possible.

I'm also aware that a lot of TSL mods don't tend to play nicely with each other, 

so if you guys have any suggestions on patches I should get or special installation orders, please fill me in!

Thank you!

You should try the GenoHaradan Legacy Mod:

Similar to M4-78, the GenoHaradan was planned for Kotor 2 but was cut early on leaving very few remaining content to restore thus it was never restored in TSLRCM. This mod restores the GenoHaradan in a lore friendly manner adding a few faction hunting down the Exile during his/her search for the Jedi Masters. It is TSLRCM compatiable.

• Like 1

I'm running the GOG version.

I actually appreciate you showing me that thread!

It showcases many good mods.

I do love M4-78! I've already played through it once. 

I actually really wanted that again this time, but I also want Korriban Expansion, and I've heard that the two conflict in some pretty bad ways. Unless there's a way I could fix that. I don't care how convoluted it is as long as it works.

I want Coruscant, but what is Coruscant 3.0? I can't seem to find any information on this, but Obi-Wan Pere's thread mentions that. 

I also want Extended Enclave and Partyswap if that's possible.

And now I want Genoharadan Legacy too.

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

@Sith HolocronReally do you want discuss that here?

It's just a guide, not imperative directions. Oh, for sure if anyone uses ALL the MODs I installed can find (or will find) troubles, but the MODs that gave me problems or just didn't work (uninstalled or "rearranged" according to your opinion) are remarked and commented so the users are warned. I still think that finishing TSL succesfully with 132 MODs installed -and working- can be a good help to everybody doubting about compatibility and/or functionality of determined MODs.

@Mamita

I see that you, as me, like the MODs that add story to TSL, so, besides TSLRCM and M4-78, here you have a list of MODs I've used -and loved- according to my storyline and order of installation :
- GenoHaradan Legacy
- Coruscant Jedi Temple
- Azgath N'Dul's Tomb
- Curse of the Sith
- Dustil Restoration

If you want a different gameplay you can try aswell with
- High-Level Force Powers
- Sith Assassins -- With Lightsabers
- Ultimate Personal Items (always is funny dispose of Light Sabers sooner than usually) ;)

...and ...if you like M4-78 I invite you to try with this one

It's a simple graphic MOD (but it's mine :)). It's not showed in the thread but I did it during that Playthrough.

Seriously though, is there any way to make Korriban Expansion, and other mods that modify Korriban work together?

• Light Side Points 1

18 hours ago, Mamita said:

Seriously though, is there any way to make Korriban Expansion, and other mods that modify Korriban work together?

I found this in a old message from @LiliArch with me about the subject and I think it may still be good.  Please report back here to let us know, one way or another. Don't use the Steam Workshop versions of any of the below listed mods.  Use only the mods linked to in this message.

Presumably with these instructions, you'll be installing TSLRCM, then installing M4-78 Enhancement Project, then (and only then) using the instructions below. It's a good thing I had a copy of the "Coruscant Jedi Temple Expansion" mod saved so I uploaded it to a DropBox.

TSLRCM + M4-78 EP + Newbiemodder's Korriban Expansion + Coruscant Jedi Temple + Coruscant Jedi Temple Expansion installation

1. Follow the M4-78 EP + Korriban Expansion compatibility instructions.

2. Install the Coruscant Jedi Temple mod.

3. During the installation, you will get a warning "placeables.2da already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file..." That is normal and nothing to worry about. If you get any other warnings, however, you have a problem.

4. Drop the files "a_galaxymap.ncs", "galaxymap_p.gui" and "tr_leave_ehawk.ncs" from Jedi Temple Compatibility fix's M4-78EP folder to your game's Override folder, overwriting the ones in there.

5. Drop the file "changes.ini" from Jedi Temple Compability fix's "Jedi Temple expansion changes.ini" folder to Jedi Temple expansion's tslpatchdata folder, overwriting the one in there.

6. Run the Jedi Temple Expansion's installer (make sure it is the one whose tslpatchdata folder you dropped the changes.ini into).

7. Pick a savegame from before ever entering Korriban, and enjoy your game.

• Like 1

You people are amazing!

I've followed all the instructions. I hope this works.

I'm going to do something similar to Obi Wan Pere:

A partial let's play where I add one mod at a time and add them as I play.

It will end when I'm out of mods.

• Like 1

As I pointed in the thread I'm very interested in the Korriban Expansion MOD but, even with the links I found when I was playing that could help, I didn't install it.

It'd be nice when you reach Korriban in your Playthrough let know to the Community if you have made it work and with which others MODs.

May the For... ;):)

7 hours ago, Mamita said:

I've followed all the instructions. I hope this works.

If it it works, would you mind actually liking my post above where I passed along the instructions?

7 hours ago, Mamita said:

I'm going to do something similar to Obi Wan Pere:  A partial let's play where I add one mod at a time and add them as I play.

It will end when I'm out of mods.

After following the instructions above, please do ask the makers of each mods what they think will happen if they add their mods to the mix.  (Inform each modder what your current mod layout consists of when you do that.)  Adding mods as you go along is . . . risky.

One last thing, save often!

• Light Side Points 1

-------------------------------------------

(Irony MODE ON) Glad to see you consider it funny (Irony MODE OFF), but that means you haven't understood nothing

On 12/14/2019 at 8:42 AM, Obi Wan Pere said:

-------------------------------------------

(Irony MODE ON) Glad to see you consider it funny (Irony MODE OFF), but that means you haven't understood nothing

Would you mind sending me a PM so you can both air your grievances fully and so you don't further derail the thread?

Back on topic: @Mamita, how is your install going?

I've followed all of your instructions. I've started my playthrough and made my way to Telos.

• Like 1

Edit:

Have made it to Korriban. Followed compatibility instructions and now am about to see just how well this works.

Edited by Mamita
  • Like 1

EDIT: The locations for the three keys are

The rubble under the boulder by the entrance, the clay urn by the Gaul tomb, and the rune obelisk hanging on the cavern wall.

All in the sith ruins.

EDIT: There are two glitches.

1: I can't seem to kill Jolee Bindo. Is this possible? I heard you can do it.

2: Kreia joins your party in the sith ruins.

Alright. I've made it through Korriban. Everything looks perfect so far!

Is there a method of installing Tomb of Azgath D'nul and Curse of the Sith on top of this?

I'll be installing Genoharadan Legacy now.