N-DReW25

N-DReW's Mini Mod Collection [WIP]

Been a while since I made a WIP thread, this is a mod which many would consider small depending on how you want to look at it. If you haven't been living under a rock over the years you might have noticed AFP's K1 and TSL Community Patch mods, these mods are like a mod pack which contains dozens of AFP's work and other peoples mods which all fix a certain bug in both games. What makes this mod pack so great is that it makes installing all of these mini mods easier by combining them into one mod.

This mod I am developing is similar to his mod without the whole permission business as everything within my mod will be my own work, hence the title "N-DReW's Mini Mod Collection".

The premise of my mod is to merge all of my current (and future) small/obscure restoration mods into this big mod to make installing them all easier. In the first release of this mod it will only contain a single mod, thus is why this thread was been made so that I may announce future updates as well to allow players to leave feedback and suggestions for future updates ("Which mod I should include", "What you think about an upcoming mod" etc).

For now, I will leave you with a little preview of the 1.0 release:

20191113180753_1.thumb.jpg.e9c357c08a2da440d974358aabe9a7a8.jpg

Full Context: 

Spoiler

Within the module files for 512OND exists an unused utc file and a dlg file. The utc character file is the NPC you see above, a blonde commoner with a combat suit with only proficiency all (To give NPCs the ability to wield any item) and complex unarmed animations (To give her TSL style unarmed combat animations). For the mod, she has been given a "prop" vibroblade (Green variant) and "prop" blaster (Bendak Starkiller variant) for weapons which she can use against the player, she won't drop these weapons but will drop her combat suit. In addition to new loot, she also has her stats re-balanced so that she still weaker than the Rodian but stronger than those thugs in the background.

Her dialogue exists in the files as a stand alone dlg called "bounty2.dlg" while the Twi'lek Bounty Hunter is called "bounty1.dlg", this might suggest that the Rodian thug was developed later and the Twilek Bounty Hunter was supposed to ambush the player first. Interestingly, the dialogue only has the male dialogue but the VO in the dialogue refers to the player as a her. The real male VO is located within the 502OND sound files alongside a few unused "first draft" VO, additionally, the subtitle in the dialogue also has "<FullName>!" which is used in dialogues to make aliens say the players full name. As only aliens can properly do this, this might have been when the developers decided to change her to an alien before replacing her totally with a Rodian.

This mod is ultimately the best attempt at putting together an obscure and messy piece of cut content.

On 11/18/2019 at 4:43 AM, Domino5555 said:

I have chosen to beta test your mod pack.

Thank you, though I don't think "beta test" is necessarily the best way to put this. What I will release will technically be done, every time I update the mod pack I am essentially releasing another mod.

Feel free to stick around for updates :thumbup:

5 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

Thank you, though I don't think "beta test" is necessarily the best way to put this. What I will release will technically be done, every time I update the mod pack I am essentially releasing another mod.

Feel free to stick around for updates :thumbup:

I've activated the "following" function.

Version 1.0 has been uploaded, when it is approved you can follow this link and download it:

Stay tuned for future additions to the mod pack in future updates 😀.

Amongst the little things I am playing with, this feature appears to be in a 'releasable' condition.

Spoiler

20191212212047_1.thumb.jpg.efceb55c5794b63d8458b2589340773b.jpg

The first image is an extension to Atton's conversation in 104per (The Exterior of the Control Room). In vanilla, Atton says "Oh, what now?" and "I don't believe this, there's a ship coming in.". In between these two lines are now several lines from the computer VO in 101per, the same VO which says "WARNING: There has been a fuel detonation in the mining tunnels. Emergency Lockdown commencing. All personnel report to quarters and prepare for emergency venting countermeasures.". This image is a preview of one of the restored lines

20191212212324_1.thumb.jpg.7033221ad9e1e815fdd9db4616f96c5a.jpg

The second line is of Kreia's "He has come." line where she acknowledges Sion's arrival. This was restored in TSLRCM but poorly as it spawns Kreia behind Atton in the background of the Control Room (Which is horrifically low res) and has her visibly say her line there despite it being unnecessary (Plus I remember ages ago this was one of LucyTheAliens many requests from back in the day, not that I care about any of her requests but I do agree it did look pretty bad). This photo is a preview of my fix.

• Like 2
  • Light Side Points 1

Here is a piece of cut content which wasn't restored in TSLRCM plus some minor cosmetics:

The spoiler contains a preview video, screenshots and relevant information on the content and installation.

I would like to thank @134340Goat for bringing the restored scene content to my attention and @JCarter426for contributing some of the LIP files for said scene.

Coming very soon!

Spoiler

Lt. Grenn Interrogates the Exile: In module 202tel, the TSF Station module, Grenn has VO to suggest that the player wasn't placed on House Arrest and needed to complete an interrogation by Grenn either inside the office after the Batu Rem encounter or when he confronts you outside the Ebon Hawk as player responses suggest that the interrogation happened outside the Ebon Hawk. This mod restores it during the house arrest scene

Audio Preview:

Screenshots:
20200517000536_1.thumb.jpg.7098dc1268f73cf1984fde0db733a27c.jpg

20200517000543_1.thumb.jpg.fe5a0cf3176e56efe0146700cef6a5a0.jpg

This mod also restores some 'alternative' and 'extended' dialogue lines spoken by Kreia and Atton

20200606162956_1.thumb.jpg.ba978b7a43a61a362e037ca6b328d959.jpg

20200605005515_1.thumb.jpg.8e5acd24d90c63db8513273ae1da21cc.jpg

20200605005519_1.thumb.jpg.13b2f10216f94893e6b97ad3029bf8bf.jpg

20200605005526_1.thumb.jpg.58685bfbca35dd1595f9b1a2915c6596.jpg

20200606163104_1.thumb.jpg.e22d4533ac43c6f23d803b2f021c821c.jpg

Attack of the Civillian: If you decide to spare the civillian in 203tel in the apartments, you can never get the chance to kill him again. This changes it so that you can kill him whenever you like.

This guy:

img-25.JPG

D-Package Implant Icon Restoration: Four unused Implant icons exist in the files, this patch restores the icons on the "D-Package" implants. This mod has two options, "vanilla" which is the constitution attribute restriction and "feat" which adds the K1 feat.

20200623185207_1.thumb.jpg.cfb2021d3a485653fc8079b2c964ba86.jpg

20200623185212_1.thumb.jpg.3959b76b3905878b83fed10c19f801bb.jpg20200623185216_1.thumb.jpg.340d694d9b03a55ec11b06ff53eb26bd.jpg20200623185223_1.thumb.jpg.16bcf54c7bdd2e02251c3b98b6b2ce17.jpg

Feat requires Implant Feat Restoration (IFR) to work properly, install this mod first and then install "Feat" option afterwards to overwrite the implants with vanilla icons from IFR.

If you want to install every single patch at once it will install the "vanilla" bundle, to make this work with IFC you need to install IFC first, install "All Mods" and then install "D-Package Implant Icon Restoration (Feat)" to make it work.

20200623185538_1.thumb.jpg.9c374ea4f4a72187c51d4cc25ec2d599.jpg

• Like 1

It is amazing how after all these years there are still many things that can be restored. I admire your perseverance in finding and restoring all bits of the unfinished content!

On 11/13/2019 at 2:41 PM, N-DReW25 said:

The real male VO is located within the 502OND sound files alongside a few unused "first draft" VO,

Was there anything interesting or different from the final version? And about Onderon in general: is there any information in the files about the planned additional content? The Iziz section seemed very linear and short for a large and mass-populated city.
And one other thing that interest me in particular: is there anything explaining the inclusion of turret tower minigame in Sky Ramp? To me, that minigame is the prime example of unfinished content requiring restoration.

19 hours ago, LoneWanderer said:

It is amazing how after all these years there are still many things that can be restored. I admire your perseverance in finding and restoring all bits of the unfinished content!

Thank you! This is but a taste of the Dark Side 😈

19 hours ago, LoneWanderer said:

Was there anything interesting or different from the final version?

At lot was different from the final version, I'll give one example: There's a lot of 'one liners' which suggests something totally radical.

In vanilla the Handmaiden/s all run into the Enclave and Kreia says "It is done - he is no more." and "Take me to Atris. She will have the strength to do what the Council cannot."

Whereas there is a line which suggests that Visas would run into the Enclave instead and Kreia says "It is done - he is no more." and "Take me to your lord. He will have the strength to do what the Council cannot. "

This kinda suggests that Kreia would've gone directly to Darth Nihilus instead of Atris after the Enclave, maybe Kreia got eaten by Nihilus and Atris became Darth Traya like in the cut content or maybe Kreia was allowed to go with the party to the Dxun tomb becauses she has unheard lines for the tomb and because she goes to the tomb she never revives Tobin so she herself needs to go to Nihilus and tell him herself about the Telos Academy. 
Because we only have that one line, we'll never know.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:36 PM, LoneWanderer said:

And about Onderon in general: is there any information in the files about the planned additional content? The Iziz section seemed very linear and short for a large and mass-populated city.

I wouldn't say additional content, there is a few bits and bobs for Onderon but their just single lines not really adding much to the overall plot. I can assure you though you'll get a chance to hear these lines in future Mini Mod updates.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:36 PM, LoneWanderer said:

And one other thing that interest me in paricular: is there anything explaining the inclusion of turret tower minigame in Sky Ramp? To me, that minigame is the prime example of unfinished content requiring restoration.

Here are some quotes from the game:

Bostuco: "That means they control the checkpoints now. If we can get to the Turret Tower up ahead we can deactivate the first barrier."

Bao Dur if he's there: "The force shields won't present a problem. I can get us through them."

Bostuco: "You can? That will save us precious minutes."

This suggests that Bostuco wants to get to the turret tower NOT to fire the turret but to use the terminal to deactivate the force field. Obviously with Bao Dur in the party you can just bypass it.

Bostuco: "Have they changed the access codes in the Turret Tower? We need to get through the force shields."

Royalist: "I don't think they've had time, sir. They've been firing the turret non-stop. Vaklu is close to having air superiority now."

This suggests that by blowing up Vaklu's fighter it gives the royalists an air advantage, this doesn't mean much gameplay wise because the survival of both the queen and Vaklu are what's important, not air superiority. This is why Bostuco wants to get to the palace as fast as possible to stop Vaklu from killing the queen. 

Bostuco: "The second forceshield is up ahead. It looks like its been damaged by orbital bombardment."

Bostuco: "You might be able to bash your way through it with your lightsaber."

I haven't played Kotor 2 in a while but I swear the first force field can be bashed with a Lightsaber or even a plasma torch.

I hope that answers your question, the turret game is meant to be totally optional and is probably intended to give experience only as it has no real affect on the outcome of a battle.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 8:56 PM, N-DReW25 said:

"Take me to your lord. He will have the strength to do what the Council cannot. "

Huh, I knew about that scene, but never thought about it too deeply. Cool theory.

I can assure you though you'll get a chance to hear these lines in future Mini Mod updates.

I look forward to it ☺️ . Btw, I read your blog posts about unused/unrestored Bao-Dur content - interesting stuff. Hope, you return to Bao-Dur's restorations someday.

the turret game is meant to be totally optional and is probably intended to give experience only as it has no real affect on the outcome of a battle.

That's my point. It is just there without any real purpose, its completion doesn’t change anything, the game doesn't care, if you win or lose as far as I remember.
After other minigames we get cutscenes, responses from opponents, or teammates, but here the game world completely ignores the fact that you destroyed entire enemy squadron over the Palace. The game QUIETLY gives 850 exp to the player, but again without any visual reaction.

I am thinking about learning kotor modding tools and creating a tiny mod that will add some sort of proper ending to the mini-game if there is no unused content for it.