Aeliren

Light Side Vaklu Choice

Something that's bothered me for a long time was how the Vaklu-Talia choice is presented in an ambiguous and nuanced way that could lead either alignment to take either side, but if you want to save all three masters you need to side with Talia. What bothers me the most about this is how this is an important contrast with Dantooine, where you can side with the Mercs completely but trick Vrook, yet the conflict is presented in a much less ambiguous way.

Is there a way for a mod to be made that allows the player to side with Vaklu at the cantina fight while still not getting Kavar to turn on you?

Thank you in advance.

• Light Side Points 1

Not that I know of, but that is an excellent idea. I'm not sure what TSLRCM does to that scene, but to make this work, someone would have to do some scripting of the global booleans/numbers, some voice splicing and dlg editing to remove references to Talia or insert references to General Vaklu, might have to edit the battle a bit. Idk. But it is possible.

More Jedi hypocrisy, don't get politically involved helping the Republic stay stable against the Mandalorians. Post-Mandalorian Wars, Master Kavar getting politcal as a "bodyguard," to keep Onderon in the Republic, but sees the player as fallen to the dark side if you ally with Vaklu. 

• Light Side Points 3

10 hours ago, jc2 said:

Not that I know of, but that is an excellent idea. I'm not sure what TSLRCM does to that scene, but to make this work, someone would have to do some scripting of the global booleans/numbers, some voice splicing and dlg editing to remove references to Talia or insert references to General Vaklu, might have to edit the battle a bit. Idk. But it is possible.

More Jedi hypocrisy, don't get politically involved helping the Republic stay stable against the Mandalorians. Post-Mandalorian Wars, Master Kavar getting politcal as a "bodyguard," to keep Onderon in the Republic, but sees the player as fallen to the dark side if you ally with Vaklu. 

I think a major point about k1 and k2 the Jedi sometimes don't have the best sense about affairs of state. Look at the Clone Wars. But you would think that a expert Kavar - a master of strategy - to know better.

Bringing this up again, because I finished Onderon yesterday after siding with Vaklu. I managed to do it without incurring a single Dark Side point, up to and including killing Kavar. Not one Dark Side point gained, I still had my Light Mastery after killing him, but Kavar still says I fell to the Dark Side.

What's more egregious about this is that despite it being possible to be full-on Light Side and side with Vaklu, you have to kill Kavar (unlike the aforementioned example in the OP about Vrook and the mercenaries) and as such you're still pushed into the Dark Side "You have failed me" speech at Dantooine and just have the bloodthirsty "I want to kill all Jedi" dialogue options.

But you still get Force Enlightenment.

• Light Side Points 1

This is how I think this mod will go

New dialogue: light side

When you fight Kavar in the throne room
To spare him and get light side points select the new dialogue option

You And I may disagree Kavar but none of us has to die for it I can't say the same for the Queen I'm sorry

After learning a new lightsaber or force form
To spare him and get light side points select the new dialogue option

You were always a great teacher Even though you do not intend it I learn your form Don't worry I'll make her death as quick and painless as I can

New dialogue: Dark side

When you fight Kavar in the throne room
To spare him and get dark side points select the new dialogue option

You're lucky you're more useful to me alive than Dead otherwise I would've Loved to feed you your own heart

After learning a new lightsaber or force form
To spare him and get dark side points select the new dialogue option

Even though I don't need you anymore to teach me your form I still make sure that Me, Vaklu, and his Men don't turn you into a mangled-up corpse the Queen on the other hand

Selecting 2 of any of these 4 dialogue options will allow you to defeat Kavar without killing him and draining his life while killing the queen and staying on General Vaklu's side you can still loot his body Because if you can't get some extra force points you might as well rob his ass

There aren't as many changes to the Jedi enclave only 2 new dialogue options and Kavar will be there alongside other Masters if you spared them which will allow Kreia to give her "the arrogance" speech

These 2 new dialogue options will not give you any light or dark side points if you select them and are only there to reference your choices in Onderon

Thank you for meeting me here, especially you Master Kavar despite my actions on Onderon

Ahh Master Kavar I'm glad You made it tell me how was Onderon

Kavar doesn't say anything new to make this mod easier to make so hopefully now someone can make this mod a reality before I go back to Onderon 

I always side with General Vaklu I don't know why but I just enjoy starting a Revolution

Crowd:THAT'S RIGHT DEATH TO THE QUEEN! 
DEATH TO HER ALLIES! 
GRAB ARMS WE WILL MARCH!

I agree. I wish this choice was ambiguous like Bhelen/Harrowmont choice, not "This girl has a Jedi Master as a bodyguard, so she is 100% good".