Sign in to follow this  
chrispap

k1 pc restorarion

Please make kotor 1 what we on kotor 2 i mean  make kotor 1 to  player with new graphic cards and new resulutions, of i  couese i mean to make kotor 1 game to work frame buffer and even cameras,  please make it happend and even make this game with controller.

Thanks

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chrispap said:

Please make kotor 1 what we on kotor 2 i mean  make kotor 1 to  player with new graphic cards and new resulutions, of i  couese i mean to make kotor 1 game to work frame buffer and even cameras,  please make it happend and even make this game with controller.

Thanks

From what I can read of this, I will explain what you are asking for and why you can't have it. It is not because we wouldn't want these cool features but because these features are impossible to implement via a mod.

New resolutions such as 1080p are already a thing, for both Kotor 1 and 2 you require a hack shown in this video (It is voiced in English so it may not be useful for someone who isn't fluent in the language😞

The reason Kotor 2 has 1080p is because you own the Steam version of Kotor 2, Aspyr updated Kotor 2 on Steam so it has controller support and these new resolutions such as 1080p and 4K. 

While you can get resolutions you cannot get Controller Support for K1, if you play Kotor 1 on an Android phone, tablet or iOS phone or tablet those versions do have controller support because Aspyr, the guys who updated K2 for Steam, made the port. The Kotor 1 port to these devices is exactly the same as on PC, you can even mod it with PC mods, and the best part is is that you can play it anywhere since you are technically playing it on your phone.

But if you are playing on PC, there is nothing we modders can do to give you controller support unless you yourself use a third party software of some kind.

• Like 1

I feel you, friend. Sometimes every thing seems focused on K2.

Fortunately the  UNIWS is very easy to install.  

There's a couple of profiles for K1 for Steam Controller Companion. They are not great, but they are easy to use. 

Perhaps one day after all my other projects and their learning curves, I will make a much better profile for K1.

Old thread but it's still on Page 1 so what the hey.

I think K2 tends to get more focus because K1 vanilla has an overall complete story and plays more or less nicely (aside from some frakups in the PC version), whereas with K2 the vanilla game is such an incomplete buggy trainwreck.

One of the things the OP came in demanding was frame buffer compatibility, which N-DReW25 did not comment on. Is there a reason this one can't be fixed with a mod? I'm asking because I ran afoul of K1's Frame Buffer Effects not playing nice with my machine, and having to disable them to get it to not crash after character creation.