Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

KOTOR1 Order of Planets

I'm working on a little something for YT and I am just wondering: what is your preferred order of planets in Knights of the Old Republic 1?  It isn't necessary to explain your reasoning but you are welcome to do so.

Update: Oh and leave BOS out this for the time being.  ;)

After Dantooine - Tatooine, Kashyyk, Manaan, Korriban. Korriban is best with the Revan reveal and added dialogue, also fits great with Brother Hood of Shadow :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, bendarby24 said:

After Dantooine - Tatooine, Kashyyk, Manaan, Korriban. Korriban is best with the Revan reveal and added dialogue, also fits great with Brother Hood of Shadow :)

Hey there - LTNS!

For the purposes of this order of planets, pretend we're dealing with the vanilla game (i.e. no mods)  I have updated the original post accordingly.

The reason I ask is that I'm putting up the KotOR1 cutscenes on YT in a playlist - just like I've done with TSL rendered cutscenes before.  I thought I may as well get the common consensus before working on the cutscenes after Dantooine.  (The K1 playlist is set to private at the moment.) 

I will be putting the BIKs from BOS in the playlist after the vanilla ones. (Actually, one of the BIKs is my cleaned up version of Silveredge9's.)

15 hours ago, bendarby24 said:

Mine's exactly the same, though if i'm playing LS then I usually switch Kashyyk and Korriban around. Why do I do the planets this way? Let's just say force of habit!

• Thanks 1

OK, it's time for an update . . .

After Dantooine, it seems pretty unanimous to go to Tatooine first.  (We all love HK, after all.)  And I'm going to pencil Kashyyyk as the planet after that.

If I stick to that order, which is preferable for the next two planet's cut scenes? Manaan then Korriban - or vice versa?  Keep in mind there's a Leviathan appearance between these two planet's cut scenes.

I usually go: Tatooine, Kashyyk, Manaan and then I always complete Korriban last.

I complete Korriban last due to the "Special loot" merchant you can access after completing the Leviathan and due to the amount of Revan dialogue you can have with various NPCs. 

The first planet after Taris is Dantooine, where you train as a Jedi. I always like to come full circle and be symbolic with the last (chosen) planet you can go to you train as a Sith. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tatooine first because it's the only place in the game with enemies that respawn (enemies that also drop heaps of experience - the hulak warids) so I stick around the desert and grind two levels once I am done with Tatooine.

Kashyyyk second because Jolee is the best support party member and it's about time someone arrives who can reliably cast Force powers on enemies.

Manaan third because nothing on it is a threat to you & the party at this point.

Korriban fourth because of the extra Revan dialogue options and any threat Terentateks might have offered is now gone for good.

• Thanks 1

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp8KAABUx8FFwWqUVK3hTYuJ3419Y25CD

I'll add in the credit movies if I either replay the game sometime in the future . . . or sooner if I can get some saves from kind folks willing to provide them.  I skipped the original legal screen BIK that came with the game but I do have a version of the legal.BIK that was included with BOSSR. (Check that movie's description for more details.)

Playlist no longer embedded but now appears as a link above because perhaps I'll get some likes or comments on the video that way. Credit movie added.  Details on that credit movie available on the video's description.

On 9/25/2019 at 3:18 AM, Jango32 said:

Tatooine first because it's the only place in the game with enemies that respawn (enemies that also drop heaps of experience - the hulak warids) so I stick around the desert and grind two levels once I am done with Tatooine.

Kashyyyk second because Jolee is the best support party member and it's about time someone arrives who can reliably cast Force powers on enemies.

Manaan third because nothing on it is a threat to you & the party at this point.

Korriban fourth because of the extra Revan dialogue options and any threat Terentateks might have offered is now gone for good.

interesting way to put it here. Or choose them. For some reason (and/or the mentioned reasons) everyone goes to Tatooine firstly. Same here too, I don't think I ever started a playthrough WITHOUT visiting the dunes planet in the first place. Maybe I have to change that for once in next (playthrough).... 

And it seems people prefer to recruit first HK instead of Jolee? or maybe its just its funnier dialog entries .... 

so my order uses to be: Tatooine, Manaan, Kashyyyk, Korriban (or Korriban, Kashyyyk sometimes). Good thread here, SH. 

I go to Tattoine first because I tend to get Mission's quest to find her brother first. Then while I am there, I get Bastila's quest with her mother, then after completing Tattoine, I get Carth's quest for Korriban.

For me, it's always  Tatooine first and then Kashyyyk second to get HK and Jolee. Then either Maanan or Korriban as my 3rd planet.  I done both of those last 2 planets as my 3rd planet with my 2 playthroughs.

Although now that I think about it, going to Korriban  last doesn't  make sense if you've just come from the Leviathan. All Sith forces would probably recognize  you on sight.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mellowtron11 said:

Although now that I think about it, going to Korriban  last doesn't  make sense if you've just come from the Leviathan. All Sith forces would probably recognize  you on sight.

Very good point.

My light side character goes to Korriban second because that's generally when Carth's quest to get Dustil out of there kicks in on Tatoine.

My dark side character goes to Korriban second because he wants to see the place, and doesn't want to seem too eager to go the place. Carth's quest is a convenient excuse to go there second.

I've tried the Korriban last route once with a dark side character, and the extra dialogue was rather meh. They don't believe you, anyways, plus my character doesn't need to talk about being Revan. He's more focused on getting the job done and getting the Star Forge back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ebony Moon said:

I've tried the Korriban last route once with a dark side character, and the extra dialogue was rather meh. They don't believe you, anyways, plus my character doesn't need to talk about being Revan. He's more focused on getting the job done and getting the Star Forge back.

If you tell Yuthra that you're Revan for instance, she just scoffs at you. Did Revan never take his mask off around people????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mellowtron11 said:

If you tell Yuthra that you're Revan for instance, she just scoffs at you. Did Revan never take his mask off around people????

LOL, probably never did. You would think with how strong in the Force Revan is, that someone would believe you.

Can you imagine, playing the game, suddenly some random person on the street yells, hey, that's Revan!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ebony Moon said:

LOL, probably never did. You would think with how strong in the Force Revan is, that someone would believe you.

Can you imagine, playing the game, suddenly some random person on the street yells, hey, that's Revan!

Haha, imagine that happening inside the Sith Academy on Korriban or in the Dreshdae cantina and everyone turns towards you.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ebony Moon said:

That was planned for Korriban Expansion update, IIRC. 

6 hours ago, Mellowtron11 said:

Haha, imagine that happening inside the Sith Academy on Korriban or in the Dreshdae cantina and everyone turns towards you.

That would have been hilarious. Especially before the big reveal.

6 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

That was planned for Korriban Expansion update, IIRC. 

Was there a version for K1? Or is it, hey, that's the General!?