Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

A future alternative to splicing?

Splicing is a way to expand the dialogue that's in the game. However it's limited to the skill of the splicer and what's available in the game.  (We all know how awful some of my splices turned out.) It seems to me that DeepFake AI samples of dialogue may provide a decent workaround to those issues.  Here's a Twitter account with a few examples of what I'm talking about.

https://twitter.com/StableVoices

Perhaps this fella (or someone else working on this technology) should be influenced to work on making sound sets for the major KotOR and TSL characters.  I think Kreia is likely the best sound set to make as there are many lines that weren't voiced (i.e. some of the Trayus lines that only remain voiced by Atris' character) or they didn't have the versions for both genders.  I'm sure there are quite a few other missing lines by other characters that I'm not thinking of right now as well.

What are your thoughts?

Edit: Here are some videos in case you have no access to Twitter for some reason.

• Like 1

While I can't reply to this in full cause of my technical issue I'd like to say this would totally revolutionize modding when it comes to audio.

As you said, we could make lost lines available like Bao Dur's sacrifice or Kreia's lost Atris lines but we could create totally new lines for party members. We could make vanilla Party members like Carth respond to custom party members like Maxis or Kay or even the mod that recruits Mekel could get new VO.

We could add K1 NPCs to K2 and vice versa and have them respond accordingly, have Atton have a conversation with Carth etc. @Leilukin's same sex mods could have proper dialogue instead of splices or even new lines when previously they where impossible.

Filters may be made redundant as well, why filter a single Mandalore line that had no filter when you could just replicate the filtered Mandalore voice and redo the line. Same goes for new Sith Soldier VO.

Idk if this would ever go public as I bet online scammers and god knows who else would definitely capitalize on this sort of tech for bad purposes.

33 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

As you said, we could make lost lines available like Bao Dur's sacrifice or Kreia's lost Atris lines but we could create totally new lines for party members. We could make vanilla Party members like Carth respond to custom party members like Maxis or Kay or even the mod that recruits Mekel could get new VO.

Think bigger.  Picture being able to cast any major actor or actress in a mod.

On 9/23/2019 at 12:50 PM, Sith Holocron said:

Think bigger.  Picture being able to cast any major actor or actress in a mod.

Revan: "I was wondering if you had any interesting stories."
Canderous in Donald Trump's voice: "You want to hear tales of my exploits? Of the wars I've seen and fought, the enemies I've seen die by my hand? Heh, sure, I'll humor you."

Now that might cause copyright related problems, perhaps.