DarthParametric

K1 Post-Lehon Crash Hologram Musings

Based on a suggestion by @ebmar, I have been fooling around with some holograms for the Ebon Hawk after it crashes onto Lehon. I'm not sure if it will actually amount to anything, but here are some "sketches" that I have been posting in the /r/kotor Discord.

• Like 9

I thought I replied to this one but I must not have sent the message.  Silly me.

Anyway, I like the first one best but I have a suggestion: if possible, utilize the monitors on the bulkheads around this area to give information  too.  Perhaps you can have those monitors present the information presented in versions 2, 3, and 4 on those monitors.  That way, you could have the information all around the room and not just from the holoprojector.  That being said, I am not sure that this scene is a self contained scene that would enable the monitors to revert to their usual output.  

• Like 5

Personally I prefer the fourth one, but I think SH's idea is really great. Might be a able to give that useless Communications Room a function in K1.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

I am not sure that this scene is a self contained scene that would enable the monitors to revert to their usual output.  

The crashed Hawk has its own module that's used while you are on Lehon (ebo_m41aa vs the regular ebo_m12aa). That's the only reason I bothered with it, since placeables are out due to the K1 row limit bug, so it was done as room model. That meant altering the layout, and I didn't want to screw with the regular Hawk. For the monitors you could conceivably do the same thing and handle it the same way - the OnEnter checks the current status and plays the appropriate room animation. For the hologram, it plays something like the above videos, then once you repair the hyperdrive it switches to a version that shows a solid green hyperdrive in the hologram (i.e. plays a different room animation). Once you head to the Star Forge you go to a stunt module for the appropriate Dodonna message, and that uses the regular Hawk layout (and different scripts), so the hologram is gone.

Regarding Salk's now edited message, there are two different hologram Hawk models used. The first two videos use a more simple Hawk model from TOR (it's one of those mini pets). The third and forth videos uses the actual K1 Hawk, scaled down (thanks to @JCarter426 for saving me the trouble of having to kitbash it).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Regarding Salk's now edited message, there are two different hologram Hawk models used. The first two videos use a more simple Hawk model from TOR (it's one of those mini pets). The third and forth videos uses the actual K1 Hawk, scaled down (thanks to @JCarter426 for saving me the trouble of having to kitbash it).

Yes!

I noticed soon after that the difference was the EH model. I personally find the simpler model makes more sense for the hologram.

Good job on this, DP!

I need to test the version with Juhani present, since this is a DS save so she's dead. And some of the other player reply choice permutations. Once that is done the scene setup/DLG fixes will all be done (the latter of which are for K1CP - see the vanilla scene here), but the holo/monitor side of things may need some further work. And I think I will adjust the timing of the monitor switch so it happens as Mission says "T3's picking up massive power fluctuations on the ship's sensors" rather than right at the start of the previous line where he is beeping. That way it will look like her air typing is actually bringing up the information.

• Like 3

Fantastic work, DP. I'll definitely be including this in my films if you ever release it. I think I preferred Option 2 but it looks great regardless. The changes to the camera angles such as when Mission types at the console is great, too.

That test 3 looks amazing, DP! Everything feels great and flawless. Though my nitpick about the participant animation is having Mission a TALK_FORCEFUL with the initial node - that should show her emotion better, I think. And I'd definitely second this idea -

On 9/9/2019 at 11:08 AM, DarthParametric said:

...I will adjust the timing of the monitor switch so it happens as Mission says "T3's picking up massive power fluctuations on the ship's sensors" rather than right at the start of the previous line where he is beeping. That way it will look like her air typing is actually bringing up the information.

- that'd be awesome! :cheers:

This is, as always, beautiful work, DP.

option 1 or 4 are the best for me. Wish you will be able to work out the dlg properly to release this ASAP. Amazing concept/idea !!!! 

Following .....   :clap: :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, GNihilus2 said:

Wish you will be able to work out the dlg properly

?? There's nothing to work out, just time to devote to it. The basic skeleton of the scene is already done and will be included in K1CP v1.8:

All I have to do for the hologram version is edit a couple of extra scripts.

• Like 3