Darth Booger

Stupid question from a new member.

I cannot, for the life of me, make KOTOR 2 run in a window, despite having the following settings in my .ini (this should work, as it works for neverwinter nights...same engine.)

Fullscreen=0

AllowWindowedMode=1

If anyone could help me figure out why this isn't working, you'd be my new best friend. Thanks!

Oh, for reference, I'm running the GoG version of the game. Thanks again!

Hi DB

I have the retail 4 cd's version and there are TWO options about "Full Screen 1/0" in the '.ini' file. One in the section [Display Options] and another a little below in the section [Graphics Options]. Maybe that's what you're looking for?

16 minutes ago, Obi Wan Pere said:

Hi DB

I have the retail 4 cd's version and there are TWO options about "Full Screen 1/0" in the '.ini' file. One in the section [Display Options] and another a little below in the section [Graphics Options]. Maybe is that.

OMG yes!

Congratulations on your acquiring of a new best friend :D

• Like 1

There's a program called 'dxwnd' that allows you to (almost always) see any program in a window. Useful above all with programs that doesn't have this option or, whatever reason, you need "ALT - TAB" a program that can become problematic if you do it, or simply do not let you do ALT - TAB.

In other way I still use a 4:3 format monitor and dxwind helped me to not "lose" nothing by the sides in games designed with 16:10 format as 'Broken Sword 5 The Serpent's Curse' or the 'Dead Space' saga, although you see some of your desktop ...in which you can use  a "Black" wallpaper and/or hide the still seen icons for game immersion reasons. It's not perfect but it works.