Sign in to follow this  
Flookerson

I wanted to make a T3 Custom Model I can't find kotor 1 T3-M4's .mdl

I thought it would be fun to try and make a custom bipedal T3-M4 mod for my playthrough, I was going to RP being a droid nut and freak some of my friends out lol

I've modded a few games before (Monster Hunter World, and Mordhau) but, of course Kotor 1 is its own beast. I'm following a few guides, but I'm stuck before I even really began because I can't seem to find T3's .MDL file to edit in the first place!

Here is a screenshot of my Kotor Tool. And any advice any of you guys have is appreciated, I'm out of my element haha. Oh and just to be sure, it is possible to change just T3's model right? I was worried that since I can't seem to find him in the party .Mdl's that he had a shared model with the other astromechs, and that any changes to his model would affect them too. I hope that isn't the case.

screenshot.JPG

1 hour ago, Flookerson said:

I thought it would be fun to try and make a custom bipedal T3-M4 mod for my playthrough, I was going to RP being a droid nut and freak some of my friends out lol

I've modded a few games before (Monster Hunter World, and Mordhau) but, of course Kotor 1 is its own beast. I'm following a few guides, but I'm stuck before I even really began because I can't seem to find T3's .MDL file to edit in the first place!

Here is a screenshot of my Kotor Tool. And any advice any of you guys have is appreciated, I'm out of my element haha. Oh and just to be sure, it is possible to change just T3's model right? I was worried that since I can't seem to find him in the party .Mdl's that he had a shared model with the other astromechs, and that any changes to his model would affect them too. I hope that isn't the case.

screenshot.JPG

Welcome to DS!

Good luck with this, but here's where you can find your answer. Note the game actually has t3-m4 as t3m3, there was a change to the name during development, so the tag for your party member t3m4 is actually t3m3 sometimes. That's the case here.

Kotor Tool > BIFs > Models.bif > Aurora Model > (go to p_t3m3.mdl) > p_t3m3.mdx. 

And there you have it, though it is important to note that it is in alphabetic order so the p is a little ways down.

Edit: as for if it effects other astromechs, I really don't know.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

T3 is the supermodel for all astromechs.

So in that case, changing his model would change all other astromechs?

Is there a way around this you think?