Salk

Bashed containers remain open

Hello!

I was wondering if someone might be interested in whipping together a small but nice modification that would make the bashed containers and boxes stay permanently open, consistently with what happen to bashed doors.

I am not sure that is possible at all but it would be nice.

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 7:34 PM, Salk said:

...make the bashed containers and boxes stay permanently open...

I'd love to see this gets implemented! I wonder - will it work with having the closing animation removed from the placeables models? So we shouldn't have to dig through every UTPs of the relevant containers/boxes in every single module and having their [presumably] scripts condition edited?

Update: it does working! Inside the Footlocker model which is plc_footlker there is Animations node labelled as open2close which control the closing animation from open state to closing state. Having the said node deleted removes the closing animation which makes it permanently stays open.

Try this with putting them in the Override - [K1]_Permanent_Open_Footlocker_[BETA].7z

Update2: though, the application is not very ideal as it still plays the closing sound, and if gets interacted it'd play the opening animation/close2open [from previously open state].

Edited by ebmar

Hello ebmar!

Thanks for the nice effort. :cheers:

Unfortunately, as you said yourself, there are some lingering issues that would be nice to see gone.

Again, I am not sure whether this is possible or not but surely you had the right idea from the start.

Cheers!