uwadmin12

MOD:Muur Talisman

Muur Talisman

Description

Designed by Karness Muur, the Talisman is a dark side artifact that is capable of turning other beings into mindless rakghouls.

A few things to note:

• This item is going to spawn somewhere on Korriban and is hard to miss (in case you do miss it, the cheat code is g_i_frarmbnds25).
  • It does not work on other Force sensitive beings (as stated in the lore).
  • Transformed rakghouls receives bonus to their STR, CON, and receives significant penalties to their WIS, CHA, INT. Their tough hide grants resistance to physical and ion attacks.

The rest is for you to discover. Welcome to the dark side, my children... your one chance at true greatness lies here.

Demo

Installation

• Make sure override folder exists at game root directory
  • Run TSLPatcher to automatically install

Compatibility

Most definitely compatible with other mods.

Permissions

Do not claim credit for this mod and do not use assets from this mod without my permission

Special Thanks

• Fred Tetra for Kotor Tool
  • Stoffe for TSLPatcher

Legal

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/11/2019
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No

• Like 2

I noticed it did not take up any force points to cast. I would recommend for balance/continuity sake that you include a force deduction for casting that spell. 

If it doesn't take any force, does that mean I could also equip it to non-force users? 

Another question, is there a darkside requirement or jedi feat for equipping the item?

Big fan of this mod though, seems like a fun addon.

20 minutes ago, jc2 said:

I noticed it did not take up any force points to cast. I would recommend for balance/continuity sake that you include a force deduction for casting that spell.

Yeah I seriously considered it, but I passed on the idea because A. normally you only cast it once, and after everybody becomes rakghoul there is no need to spam the spell, B. unlike force storm, spamming the spell doesn't trivialize the game's combat. In fact, transformed rakghouls are much stronger than their original host.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I most likely will make updates to this mod because there are still a few TODOs on my list, so any suggested improvements are welcome!

25 minutes ago, jc2 said:

If it doesn't take any force, does that mean I could also equip it to non-force users? 

You could try and see what happens 😉. And yes, it's dark side only.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uwadmin12 said:

Yeah I seriously considered it, but I passed on the idea because A. normally you only cast it once, and after everybody becomes rakghoul there is no need to spam the spell, B. unlike force storm, spamming the spell doesn't trivialize the game's combat. In fact, transformed rakghouls are much stronger than their original host.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I most likely will make updates to this mod because there are still a few TODOs on my list, so any suggested improvements are welcome!

Just to add to my position further, and I understand if you don't make these changes, just my feedback that's all, having the PC or PM use the dark force talisman and not lose FP seems wrong. On top of that, using it only once in a fight is completely wrong, as seen in the video the very first fight, the PC uses it twice.

Also, I'd have to play it to know if the balance of losing their weapons countered by increasing their str and con, so making them "stronger" may not actually result in making them "harder to fight." 

Take it is as you will, simply my thoughts on the matter. 

Another thing you may have tested is if the talisman works on droids, if you haven't tested that out, I would recommend testing it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jc2 said:

Having the PC or PM use the dark force talisman and not lose FP seems wrong.

You make a good point. How much FP cost do you propose per spell (or per transformation)?

I was hesitant to implement this because if it costs the same as Force Storm, you could spam it just the same, and it wouldn't really adds to balance that much. But if the FP penalty is significant enough then it probably will benefit the continuity, like you said.

As for the "casting it only once" thing, you caught me in my own web of lies 😂. But you get what I was saying, if everyone becomes a rakghoul then there is no reason to further spam the spell. The purpose of the talisman is not to cheese a combat (cough cough force storm), but to drastically alter the combat structure.

1 hour ago, jc2 said:

I'd have to play it to know if the balance of losing their weapons countered by increasing their str and con, so making them "stronger" may not actually result in making them "harder to fight." 

It will depend on the host's feats and weapons. Currently the script removes their ranged weapons completely during transformation, but any melee weapons remain in their inventory. If the original host is a range-focused character without any melee weapons or melee proficiency feat then yeah it's gonna suck. I may consider dynamically adding a custom vibrosword (with bonus melee proficiency feat) into such character's inventory in the future, not sure the AI would be smart enough to pick it up, though.

One other thing I should've mentioned is their massive regeneration (+8 per 3 seconds). This plus their physical damage resistance, two insane rakghouls could attack each other forever if you don't intervene. But if you do intervene you're almost guaranteed to get hurt, since a melee-focused rakghoul (like that Horned Kath Hound) could wreck 1/4 of my vitality in one hit.

1 hour ago, jc2 said:

Another thing you may have tested is if the talisman works on droids, if you haven't tested that out, I would recommend testing it.

Yes, there are condition checks for non-humans race, jedi, and certain bosses (such as Freyyr in lower shadowland). As for droid specifically, I tested it in Marka Ragnos' tomb to make sure the spell doesn't work on droids.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, uwadmin12 said:

You make a good point. How much FP cost do you propose per spell (or per transformation)?

I was hesitant to implement this because if it costs the same as Force Storm, you could spam it just the same, and it wouldn't really adds to balance that much. But if the FP penalty is significant enough then it probably will benefit the continuity, like you said.

As for the "casting it only once" thing, you caught me in my own web of lies 😂. But you get what I was saying, if everyone becomes a rakghoul then there is no reason to further spam the spell. The purpose of the talisman is not to cheese a combat (cough cough force storm), but to drastically alter the combat structure.

It will depend on the host's feats and weapons. Currently the script removes their ranged weapons completely during transformation, but any melee weapons remain in their inventory. If the original host is a range-focused character without any melee weapons or melee proficiency feat then yeah it's gonna suck. I may consider dynamically adding a custom vibrosword (with bonus melee proficiency feat) into such character's inventory in the future, not sure the AI would be smart enough to pick it up, though.

One other thing I should've mentioned is their massive regeneration (+8 per 3 seconds). This plus their physical damage resistance, two insane rakghouls could attack each other forever if you don't intervene. But if you do intervene you're almost guaranteed to get hurt, since a melee-focused rakghoul (like that Horned Kath Hound) could wreck 1/4 of my vitality in one hit.

Yes, there are condition checks for non-humans race, jedi, and certain bosses (such as Freyyr in lower shadowland). As for droid specifically, I tested it in Marka Ragnos' tomb to make sure the spell doesn't work on droids.

I'd say about 30 or 40 FP, since its quite powerful (transforming people to mindless beasts). Nice forethought to test on droids and bosses. I recall looking at rakghouls some time ago and trying to modify their claws to do more dmg, no idea how it turned out since it was so long ago and it was just a rabbit hole. 

• Like 1

Posting my installlog for this as per your request on the comments. Also attached my spells2da and mod list incase they're of any use when it comes to figuring out what's happened.

I've also noticed that aside from Call Of Aid, other arm bands added by other mods (such as two added by Brotherhood Of Shadows) also fail to work correctly, if that info is of any use.

installlog.rtf spells.2da Kotor Mod List.txt

@AxtasisN7

Uhh, you also installed Brotherhood of Shadow. Afaik that has crippling compatibility issues with other mods. That row in 2da looks good to me. I'm not entirely sure what is going on. Since other armband mods also failed to work, I'm inclined to believe that something else is at work here.

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, was busy last week..

13 hours ago, uwadmin12 said:

@AxtasisN7

Uhh, you also installed Brotherhood of Shadow. Afaik that has crippling compatibility issues with other mods. That row in 2da looks good to me. I'm not entirely sure what is going on. Since other armband mods also failed to work, I'm inclined to believe that something else is at work here.

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, was busy last week..

That's a pain, especially since whatever compatibility issues there were also broke the armbands in BoS itself. I'm probably gonna avoid BoS in future playthroughs.

• Like 1