Sign in to follow this  
Ebony Moon

[K1]How do I turn down the mouse/camera sensitivity?

The W, A, D keys move too much for me, same with controller, and I can barely control movement, running into walls, or the screen swinging so much from overcompensation. I've turned down the mouse sensitivity all the way down in the gameplay settings, but it's still too much.

I've been doing some research and all I could find are posts on .ini settings for SWOTOR, like camera sensitivity-Controls_CameraRotationSpeed =. Is there the same for KOTOR?

Looking at the swkotor ini I find 

Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000
Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000
Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000

Mouse Sensitivity=0

Are these the right entries to change? And what values/range should I enter?

BTW, this is the same on my Win 8 machine with a steam copy, and on my win 7 with a GOG copy.

Adding 

Controls_CameraRotationSpeed = 0.08

to the swkotor.ini seems to help especially with the uncontrolled spinning of the cam. Thanks to swotor forum that mentioned that.. Also keeping the arrow of the cam in the center of the screen when moving helps a lot too.

Adding "Controls_CameraRotationSpeed" does nothing for me. At least under [Game Options].

Also, the naming convention of that property does not match the naming convention of the others.

13 hours ago, martixy said:

Adding "Controls_CameraRotationSpeed" does nothing for me. At least under [Game Options].

Also, the naming convention of that property does not match the naming convention of the others.

That is all I can find on the internet, it's a swtor line,. Either I am getting better at controlling the camera spin, or it does some work. The only other thing I can think of is checking a camera 2da file and learn to edit it. It may or may not have the camera controls that I am looking for.

5 hours ago, Ebony Moon said:

That is all I can find on the internet, it's a swtor line,. Either I am getting better at controlling the camera spin, or it does some work. The only other thing I can think of is checking a camera 2da file and learn to edit it. It may or may not have the camera controls that I am looking for.

I tried doing that already.

It has no controls over the rotation speed of the camera. It only has settings for the free view (Caps Lock).

The only way I've found to fix this is adjusting mouse sens and DPI from outside the game.

I've noticed that after I had turned on V-Sync in-game that the mouse sensitivity went up high enough to be bearable for me. If you turn it off, it might slow way down for you.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The Frozen One said:

I've noticed that after I had turned on V-Sync in-game that the mouse sensitivity went up high enough to be bearable for me. If you turn it off, it might slow way down for you.

That seems to help, thanks!

• Like 1