uwadmin12

MOD:[K1] Force Enlightenment Power

[K1] Force Enlightenment Power

This mod adds a faithful adaptation of Force Enlightenment power from TSL to K1: where the best of the Jedi's Speed, Armor and Valor powers are instantly activated at a reduced cost (30). This power is useful to quickly become ready for difficult battles.

Compatibility

Since this mod only adds new content and doesn’t modify existing content, it shouldn’t conflict with other mods. It works with Snigaroo’s KOTOR I Full Build Mods from reddit.

Installation

1.    Make sure override folder exists at game root directory
2.    Run TSLPatcher to automatically install

Uninstallation

1.    Copy spells.2da in backup and move it to override folder. Overwrite existing spells.2da if any, otherwise remove spells.2da from override folder. Only overwrite existing spells.2da if you don't have any mod installed after this mod that touches spells.2da, otherwise this will accidentally erase any later modifications made to spells.2da.
2.    Remove ip_frenlight.tga, fp_enlightenment.ncs from override folder.
3.    Copy dialog.tlk from TSLPatcher backup to the main game folder (not the override folder). Overwrite the existing dialog.tlk.

Known Bugs

1.    Saving throw bonuses from Valor and Shield don't stack, only the highest has effect (not script issue, more of a game-engine bug).
2.    Activation of Speed, Valor, and Shield on top of Enlightenment will result in additional bonuses. Fixing the problem will require massive change to the generic force power script, which is beyond the scope of this mod, but may be added for future updates.

Permissions

Do not claim credit for this mod and do not use assets from this mod without my permission

Special Thanks

-    @ebmar for the awesome color-readjusted force power icon
-    Fred Tetra for Kotor Tool
-    Stoffe for TSLPatcher

Legal

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/30/2019
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    No

Greetings, Mod's Author! :cheers:

Apparently we can pull of the power even on Paralyzed state - such been strucked by Carbonite Projector Mark II*.

That shouldn't be proper, though - how are your thoughts on that?

Many thanks for considering this.

===========================

* Description:

Spoiler
Damage: Cold, 40pts

On Hit:
Paralyze, 100% for 15sec

Save:
DC20 for half damage,
paralyze reduced to 9sec

Range: Medium

Charges: Using this item consumes one charge. This item is automatically discarded after all available charges are consumed. Items that have charges do not stack in inventory.

Like the basic model, this weapon uses a carbonite freezing technique to super-cool synthetic compounds hurled at a target, though more efficient projectors make it far more effective.
Edited by ebmar
Attached relevant item's description

Thanks for reporting the weird behavior! I'll see if I can reproduce the issue when I get a chance. For now I've got some questions:

1. Is this issue persistent, or is it a one-time glitch? If it's the latter, I'm inclined to believe that game engine is to blame 🤣
  2. What happens when the power is activated, are you instantly relieved of paralyzation, or are you still in paralyzed state?

The ability to activate powers while debilitated is certainly not something that can be done on script. I mean any queued actions, including medpacs, should be instantly cleared by the engine. If anything, it's probably a bad 2da entry. Could you attach the spells.2da by any chance?

PS: I have a vague memory of a supposedly-debilitated dark jedi life draining my NPC, it's probably a game engine glitch.

This mod certainly works as it says on the tin, thank you for making it! My only question is, since I've been playing with the Extended Duration Force Powers mod to make buffs less tedious, is there any way to extend the duration on this power? My goal is to make my saber-focused Guardian playthrough as hassle-free as possible so making the Enlightenment last longer would go a long way.