Sign in to follow this  
dmagicguess

Request - Port Atton's Head to K1

Hello.

I've been trying to figure this out myself and was able to get the model inside the game but with no textures and a head that spins around in-game when I tried playing with it (assuming that is a super model issue?) - I know nothing about modding but thought it'd be fun to use his head with some edits of my own. Would anyone else able to do it for me or show me what I need to do? This post in this thread helped me figure out what to do for the most part but I have hit a road block. 

Thank you so much to anyone willing to help out this longtime KOTOR player!

• Like 1

924bebd200.jpg

I was able to get the head to stay attached this time (no spins) so I must be doing something right? I included both p_attonbb and s_female02 this time.

Still no textures though.

(Oh, there's more info here, I also replied on Steam)

p_attonbb is for the body.

The head needs P_AttnH1, P_AttnH1D1 and P_AttnH1D2.
But.. in kotor 2 the "D2" is max dark side, in K1 just "D" is max dark side.
In K1 the order is: no D, D1, D2, D3, D.
So in K1 there's 2 more states. In an image editor you can make textures for those in between states by doing a 50% opacity mix of a layer above another layer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Effix said:

(Oh, there's more info here, I also replied on Steam)

p_attonbb is for the body.

The head needs P_AttnH1, P_AttnH1D1 and P_AttnH1D2.
But.. in kotor 2 the "D2" is max dark side, in K1 just "D" is max dark side.
In K1 the order is: no D, D1, D2, D3, D.
So in K1 there's 2 more states. In an image editor you can make textures for those in between states by doing a 50% opacity mix of a layer above another layer.

Thank you! That did the trick. I misunderstood and thought you had to rename the texture files to match the filename of the model (which I renamed). Reverting the name of the tga files back to the original name fixed it for me and everything is working perfectly. Many thanks!

• Like 2

On 8/6/2019 at 1:54 AM, dmagicguess said:

Thank you! That did the trick. I misunderstood and thought you had to rename the texture files to match the filename of the model (which I renamed). Reverting the name of the tga files back to the original name fixed it for me and everything is working perfectly. Many thanks!

can you share the head w me bro,want to make a custom texture just for myself :)