Sith Holocron

Ebon Hawk exterior during Prologue: Graphical Fix?

As has been mentioned here, the hull exterior of the Ebon Hawk when you play as T3-M4 during the Prologue appears somewhat blurry. When @Obi Wan Pereasked about possible fixes, Malkior said...

4 hours ago, Malkior said:

As far as I know, the exterior always looks blurry because of how the texture is rendered or how the camera is positioned. It would require a model or camera edit to fix.

Anyone up for tackling this?

The damaged hull texture is just the standard 1024x1024 EH texture with some damage effects overlaid on top. Although they did strip out the normal map and envmap TXI semantics. Interestingly, they left a version in the game that still has that. I gather they must have done a performance pass at some point late in development and stripped out most envmaps and downsized a bunch of textures. Anyway, someone extract this into their Override folder and see what difference it makes.

You could also try duplicating that file and renaming it MAL_EBO_Main2, since the crashed Hawk on Malachor uses the same texture as the prologue exterior (just with a different name).

002_EBO_Main3.7z

@DarthParametric to the rescue!  Again!

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record here but I still don't have my computer.  If someone could show some before and after shots, I  certainly would appreciate it. I am sure others would too...

I wouldn't get too excited just yet, since I didn't actually do anything beyond extracting a (presumably unused) vanilla texture. I doubt it will magically fix things.

Edit: One option might be to upscale the vanilla textures. Generally I'm not super keen on this, as the results are typically questionable at best, but if someone wants to do further comparisons then here are some 2K and 4K upscales.

https://www.darthparametric.com/files/kotor/tsl/[TSL]_Prologue_Ebon_Hawk_Texture_Upscale.7z  (19MB)

Alternatively, you could edit the TXI semantics of the vanilla textures. I doubt this will do anything, since it should already be at the lowest mip when you are standing right on top of it, but you could try adding:

mipmap 0

downsamplemax 0

to the diffuse (can add it to the TPC via a hex editor).

• Like 1

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ext 1 Conya.JPG

Sorry, I made a mistake and couldn't resist... LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Usually, when I backup a file, a single or few files, really I don't "backup" them, I leave the file in its location and add at the name the suffix ".orig" (original) so is easily to find a file between lots of them matching the names if is needed.

The story is that I copied to the Override folder the "002_EBO_Main3.tpc" file to take screenshots ...and rename it as "002_EBO_Main3.tpc.orig", as usually, for take screenshots "without" the file.

...and that was the result.

Now I know that leave a file in a folder, even if hasn't the correct extension, can be problematic. You'll never get the bed without knowing something else...

--------------------------------------------------------

The real "With" and "Without" Screenshots

Ext 1 amb.JPG

Ext 1 sense .JPG

Ext 2 amb.JPG

Ext 2 sense.JPG

Ext 3 amb.JPG

Ext 3 sense.JPG

Ext 4 amb.JPG

Ext 4 sense.JPG

...and NO. IT'S NOT A MISTAKE or being confused naming the files

NOTE: The screenshots are made with "002_EBO_Main3.tpc", not upscaled!!!!!!!!

A weird request for y'all... could someone post the texture in question converted to a PNG and then post it to this thread? I would love to see what this thing looks like.

• Like 1